Texecom elite comm 1 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wondering anybody can help please.

I have a smartcom with texecom elite panel. The keypad was reporting a comm 1 fault for sometime. I think it was because the WiFi password was changed. As such..I went through the smartcom setup connecting it to the WiFi through the 192.168.2.1 address. It seemed to work ok but the elite panel is still flashing and the keypad displaying a comm 1 fault. I can't clear the faults on the keypad as they are constantly coming through. I can't log in to the app either which I assume is because the smartcom and elite panel aren't communicating. Thanks all

Sponsored Links
if the smart com isn’t working then you will have no chance in clearing the fault.

Power cycle the smart com and do an engineers reset on the panel and wait and see what happens.

Thanks Secureiam. Sadly the fault never goes away after an engineers reset (which i assume is adding engineers code then pressing reset?) As soon as I reset it on the keypad a new one appears. I've powercycled the smart.com too.
The smartcom has a wifi connection but flashes on cloud connection. I may need to contact texecom perhaps but it seems odd considering it's only been a network change. thanks

Sponsored Links
Can’t speak for what your doing, but the com fault will reappear if the smart com doesn’t have its connection.

if you program the smart com and comip modules as off and in program digi fronm connect to not used then it shouldn’t reappear.

can you see the texe_hub as a connected device on the router?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back