Texecom Premier Elite Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a wireless alarm system. I had my mind set on the Pyronix Enforcer 32 GSM kit, but am being seduced by the Texecom Premier Elite 24-W.

My requirements are a good quality, reliable system with:
Wireless pet-friendly PIR (I have two cats, and I know 'pet-friendly' has it's limits, but I want to try it)
Wireless door contacts
Wired/wireless external sounder
Proximity fob arm/disarm
GSM/SMS message arm/disarm/status

The Texecom Ricochet system gives me everything I want. I am looking at the 24-W over the 12-W as I think I will eventually need the extra zones (garage, etc.) and the price difference is not that much.

I like:
- Texecom are DIY-friendly with good support (this is a big plus)
- Wintex software looks good for configuring.
- The FMK/SMK panels are very pretty
- The Ricochet wireless sounds good for coverage
- The Door contact sensors are small (esp. compared to the Pyronix)
- Can add COMGSM or COMIP modules as needed/wanted

Questions:
- Does the Wintex software still come with all panels? If not, I gather it is pretty easy to get...
- Can I have both COMGSM and COMIP modules installed at the same time?
- Does the Premier Elite 24-W panel come with a battery? I suspect it does but I can't find confirmation on the spec pages.

The big one:
- Is the Texecom worth the money? For what I want it's about twice the price of the Pyronix. I can stretch the budget if it's worth it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm in the market for a wireless alarm ~~~snip~~~~ My requirements are a good quality, reliable system ~~~~snip~~~~

If it is on 433.92 MHz ( radio frequency ) and a neighbour buys a model helicopter and uses it in the garden then delete the word "reliable"

This is one example of a helicopter that will affect the alarm.

Flycam One HD 1080p (With 433MHz Remote) £134.99

Sadly the model control use of the 868 MHz band is increasing. Some do not comply with the regulations about transmission duty cycle and transmit almost continuously which is not permitted. These offenders could be confiscated but that seldom happens.

Sponsored Links
No The elite does not come with a battery, there are some new kits/ panels out, 12w live and 24w live which may be cheaper for you, I've been fitting the premier since version 1 ( old panel ) 95% hardwired systems no problems BUT I've got to say I've had more issues with the texecom than I've had using the the pyronix enforcer up to now ,the enforcer had been 100% trouble free , but that's my opinion , still fitting the premier on 80% of jobs hardwired only

No The elite does not come with a battery, there are some new kits/ panels out, 12w live and 24w live which may be cheaper for you, I've been fitting the premier since version 1 ( old panel ) 95% hardwired systems no problems BUT I've got to say I've had more issues with the texecom than I've had using the the pyronix enforcer up to now ,the enforcer had been 100% trouble free , but that's my opinion , still fitting the premier on 80% of jobs hardwired only
Cheers, that's a good data point, and one back in the Enforcer's column.

The battery is really neither here-nor-there, I just wanted to know if I would be ordering one. I looked at the kits, but as they come with the non-pet PIRs and I really want the pet-friendly ones it would be a bit of a false economy. Even if I sold the bits I didn't want on eBay I think I would barely come out ahead.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but my needs are the same. What did you go for in the end and how did it work out? Did you have to buy any extra bits for the GSM integration and is it reliable?

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but my needs are the same. What did you go for in the end and how did it work out? Did you have to buy any extra bits for the GSM integration and is it reliable?

I went with the Pyronix Enforcer 32 GSM Kit and added a wired deltabell instead of the wireless bell.

It has been totally reliable with the ironic exception of a fault last night at 12.15am - the GSM modem lost the line and set off the internal fault sounders. I don't think this was a fault with the Enforcer, I suspect some problem on the cellular network caused the modem to lose connection. A few minutes after the fault was raised the connection came back and I received a load of text messages related to the fault and my subsequent reset of the panel.

This one issue aside, I had no problems with the installation and the operation has been faultless. The pet-friendly PIRs seem to work well and we haven't had any cat-related alarms.

The GSM functionality isn't quite what I had expected though, as it is only 1-way. You receive alerts from the panel, but cannot interact with it via SMS. That, apparently, is functionality the Enforcer only gets in the USA. If two-way SMS is something you want, the version of the Enforcer sold in the UK can't do it.

However, Pyronix are working on a new Enforcer with 'cloud integration'. It's not out yet (and I can't find any information on when it will be out in the UK), but searching for 'pyronix cloud' will get you some information. They've been taking about it since last year, so I'm not holding my breath for release dates - I guess this kind of kit has a pretty rigorous test process to get through.

Hope that helps.

And it would cost twice as much ! And what would the remote arm/ disarm been any use if it had lost the gsm signal ?

I don't know - hence why i'm asking someone with 20/20 hindsight :)

With hindsight, I'm happy with the Enforcer.

Had I fully understood the SMS limitations up front I would probably have bought the Texecom, but I think I would have bought functionality that in truth I would have rarely needed or used. Or, put another way, I haven't missed being able to set/unset/query the system remotely, and everything else about it has worked very well, so I'm happy.

I take it your alarm is not monitored. Has it gone off while you were away - and if so what did you do? Does it continue to sound forever until someone switches it off? Could be annoying!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back