Texecom premier elite SMS issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a texecom premier elite 24 with com2400 around 2 years ago, all was working fine and I was receiving text messages upon tamper alerts/alarms, recently I've noticed that I no longer get text upon the alarm going off.
However I sent a test SMS via the keypad and received it as expected, so the phone numbers must be setup ok...
I don't know what's changed, any ideas? I've checked the config in wintex and can see that reporting is still turned on for tamper, alarms/cancels/priority alarms.

The only thing I knowingly changed was a setting via the keypad to disable alerts when the phone line temporarily went offline during some bt maintenance. I think it was on monitor hardware screen, could this be related? It currently reads PAOBAL*

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Could be vodafone server down ?
SMS service can be hit and miss on Texecom system
Have you got a Adsl filter fitted on your line for the alarm if you have broad band

Probably not , did you have broadband on the line ? Is there a filter on the alarm panel ?, what is in the the sms number ? The o2 no longer works only voda phone ending 9993 ,

Yeah have a filter fitted thanks, strange thing is that using the 'send SMS' option via the keypad it consistently works, but when intentionally triggering the alarm around the same time it consistently fails to send a text..

Sponsored Links
The call centre numbers I'm using are 07785499993 and 07860980480. Is there a replacement for the number ending 0480, or should I just remove it from the config?

Cheers

Put the Vodafone number in the second as well as the first
That's the one ending 99993

I've updated that but still the same isssue, I've checked my current phone bill charges and can see that all messages are being sent via the Vodafone number, but for some reason the 'send SMS' messages are the only ones I ever get, could be conincidence but seems unlikely. Not sure if there's anything else I can try changing?

Is there any alternative to SMS, looked at the the comIP module which appears to do push notifications, but looks like I'd need a static ip and a connection with an ARC, presumably with a subscription cost...

Com IP is free to run. Does not need a static IP as it connects to free texecom server and tracks your IP address for you. It can be a bugger to set up depending on your knowledge of router set-up. Notifications can be missed if your your phone has not internet though!

SMS service Open Tap 07045607101
Cost 50p per message
You need to put the above number in place of vodka number
Look online for SMS TAP services for texting from alarms

the notifications can miss full stop, I have the ipad and the phone in the office both with good connections but the android phone misses regular the ipad doesn't.

as for the com 2400 not sending on larm condition but does when sending a test call? I would check the settings although they shouldn't have been changed?

Is there any alternative to SMS, looked at the the comIP module which appears to do push notifications, but looks like I'd need a static ip and a connection with an ARC, presumably with a subscription cost...
more reliable would be a standalone GSM dialler (with a PAYG sim) simply triggered of the bell ring terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back