Texecom Premier Elite the right way to go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking to upgrade my existing Texecom alarm which i installed many years back.

The panel has packed up and also need to add some new sensors in.

Was looking at the Premier Elite series as this has a wired keypad and wireless sensors.

I would like to use my existing wired Texecom bellbox and pirs and then add additional 2x pir 2xdoor contacts

If possible would be nice to get an alarm that can be used via app or get notifications etc but this is not a priority.

I had purchased a Konnected V2 but after further research would rather have a traditonal alarm without relying on wifi to work.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jas

Sponsored Links
personally don't recommend petwise sensors full stop.

what is wrong with what you have now and whats on it as there is a fair chance that some or all parts maybe reuseable.

Existing system is a Veritas Excel but the keypad no longer works just has a solid green light on and was playing up for a while.
(The keypad would freeze and require a power down to get it going again)

Dont mind replacing the keypad and panel.

Would like to keep my existing texecom odyssey sounder and 3x wired pir

Need to add 2 additional door contacts and 2 additional pirs but running cables now would be an issue so thought the mixed system would be ideal.

Looking into the smartcom module also.

the keypad and panel needs swapping, however the detectors may or may not be using resistors but that can be sorted either way

Sponsored Links
Bit cheaper 70917B52-7D90-42DC-AD85-F3216628A56A.png

Hmm, I don't rate the petwise sensors in the kits full stop, proper detectors are in Kit 5, but panel is the large metal one and the keypad an LCDP.

the 86 kit is probably the better kit (excluding the petwise sensors), in that its a hard wired keypad.

have to remember any kit with the 64W (built in wireless expander) can only handle 4 hard wired zones directly back to the panel.

Thanks for the tips very knowledgeable

4 hard wired zones should be sufficient for my existing setup.

Have gone for the above kit as only need to use one pet pir but mainly needed 2 door contacts,

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back