Texecom premier elite wireless keypad problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

i Self installed my system in my previous house and it worked perfectly. I’ve moved house and got round to installing the alarm again.

I can get as far as connecting the wireless keypad to the engineers REM with commissioning mode on. Power on with defaults loaded. Silence alarm. I can get a PIR successfully added to zone 9 with ricochet, but when I remove the keypad from the panel to try and add it to a zone via ricochet, I never key a message to tell me the keypad has learned (even when I press the tick to learn the keypad). Within a couple of seconds, it just says “searching for ricochet network” and I can’t get it to move on from this point.

can anyone help???

Sponsored Links
check the dip switches are correctly set for the address of the unit.

I always learn the wireless keypads on first as it makes life easier

Thank you. How would I know which one to use? It’s currently set to 1 (default). I haven’t changed it since the last install.

I tried learning the keypad before the PIR and that didn’t work. I guess learning the PIR proved the ricochet works. I must be doing something wrong with the keypad. You think it’s dip related?

a little confused, is this new equipment or reused equipment?

learning on the keypad with the correct address is relatively straight forward, however if the dip switches are an invalid keypad address they wont learn on.
also wont learn on if there is another keypad with the same address

Sponsored Links
Hi. Thanks for replying again.

so, I’m reusing this equipment from a house I used to live in. Worked perfectly there. It’s been in a box for about 9 months and I’ve just installed it again. so it’s reused.

I’ve only got one keypad. Just the wireless keypad. Dip is set to address 1.

i can’t get it to confirm it’s learned on. It seems to skip that part and get stuck looking for a ricochet network. Which it never finds!!

Attachments

• 2DF98B38-9C1F-4EBA-885B-D35FB9BD3204.png
    2DF98B38-9C1F-4EBA-885B-D35FB9BD3204.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 132
I wonder why it won’t connect to a zone on ricochet then?

The question for me is what did you do, when you packed the system up, and then did when you opened it back up.

there is gaps, and if I know a bit about the history I may have a better idea as to what is going and best way to resolve.

How were the zones allocated previously?
Why did you try and learn a device on, if they were already learned on?
Without more information i would attempt to delete all wireless slots, in zone setup, by starting the learn process from zone 9 to the last wireless slot and pressing reset to delete the device off.

Once all the slots have been deleted i would then attempt to learn the keypad back on first.

It was about 9 months ago, but I’m sure when I was removing it from the old house, I deleted all wireless slots.

When I start the install this time, I can see all slots from zone 9 are empty. So, I try and put the keypad on zone 9.

Will the keypad still be learned on?

how did you delete all the slots?

i you deleted all 32 slots of a 32XP-W, or all 8 on an 8XP-W then no as its been deleted.

Just how you described. I went I to zone set up and deleted each one from zone 9 until all the wireless zones were empty.

Ok, so is that all wireless slots? Think it starts at 9 and goes up to 40.

Then should the keypad be able to learn again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back