Texecom Premier Elite - Wireless Keypad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a problem on the same thread, my keypad battery ran out, i was away for a few months and could not get back to change. so when i got home keypad is dead so cannot enter engineer mode. i changed the batteries in the wireless keypad and comes up with searching for ricochet, then no ricochet found. i put the control panel into learn mode with the jumper pin and took batteries out/in on keypad, but still no joy. i plugged the keypad into the control panel with the supplied lead, and tried adding new device as if first time setup but that did not work either. i am a bit stumped, how do i get the panel to see the wireless keypad (it was originally on zone 9 (and still is as not deleted that zone)), i thought putting panel into learn mode with jumper pin, pulling battery on keypad would get it to find the network? hoping someone smarter than me can point me in the right direction, thanks in advance
Darren

Sponsored Links
The keypad when you put new batteries in asks if you want to learn the keypad, press no(as its already learned on)
It should search for the network and it should find it.

So now it appears you have done other things which my complicate the matter.

1. how far is the keypad from the panel/ wireless expander?
2. there is no learn pin on the keypad or on the panel/wireless expander, so what have you shorted out?
3. to learn a device onto a system, it cant be learned on twice on Texecom panels, so must be deleted first by starting the learning and press reset whilst counting down YOU SHOULDNT NEED TO DO THIS.

Last edited:
hi, i dont think i have really done anything as not pressed any button other than try to learn the network. i have removed the engineer cable and pulled batteries on the keypad, i pressed no to learn keypad and it said searching for ricochet then says no ricochet found, i dont believe i have shorted anything as the only thing i have really done is put the panel into learning mode with the jumper and changed the batteries on the keypad.

i had the keypad sat right next to the control panel. even when mounted to the wall its about 4 meters away.

at the moment i have wintex looking doing its map and its collecting security data, but seems stuck at 77%.

sorry for not using a new thread

i put the control panel into learn mode with the jumper pin and took batteries out/in on keypad

there is no learn mode, there is commissioning of mesh mode only.

Okay if you have not deleted the device off zone do the following.
take the panel out of commissioning mode
take the batteries out of the keypad
down power the panel completely for 30 seconds
put the batteries in the keypad and secure it
power up the panel
press no when asked to learn the keypad on

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for moving ticket and replies.

so i powered it down (turned off fuse box + pulled lead on backup battery, for well over 30 seconds. i powered it back up (and it went into tamper mode as lid off the box so i could put lead back on battery). I pulled batteries in keypad, put on wall plate with batteries back in, click no to learn and it searched for the network, and did not find it, i tried that about 4 times on the keypad, no joy, never finds the network, but, i can see the network exists in wintex and the ricochet app as it shows poll error to the keypad.

only thing i can think is the tamper on the lid stopped something? so maybe power it all off, put battery back on, put lid back on, then power up fuse box then it should not go into tamper, maybe the tamper is preventing the network?

thanks
darren

did you follow the instructions as posted, as the way i read it it sounds like you may not have done.

yeah, the only thing i would say i did differently thinking about it was i powered up the panel before putting batteries in the keypad as the keypad does not search for the network for very long and seemed like it might take time for the unit to come back online. I also did not have the cover on the panel, so i will power it off again, connect battery, put cover on panel, put batteries in keypad and then power panel up and see what happens, but i have a feeling the keypad will have given up searching, but will try it

have to say that 9 times out of 10, I just replace the batteries, old out and new in and say no to the learn and its straight on.

if your struggling, take the keypad near to the expander/panel, but keep the process the same.

well just did it again, process was:

1. turn power off to panel
2. remove battery from panel
3. remove batteries from keypad
4. change to non commission mode
5. put battery back on panel
6. put cover on panel
7. put batteries in keypad
8. hit not to learn device (starts search)
8. power up panel

it didn't work :( keypad only searches for about 30 seconds. I have the keypad next to the panel with its bracket so no tamper on it.

does strike me, again, texecom is really flakey, i have an ajax alarm system on my commercial property and its faultless, so easy to add/remove devices, so easy to arm/disarm remotely, but would cost me a small fortune to swap it all out in the house for ajax, but seems that time might be coming as always have one problem or another with texecom, you helped me a year or so ago with devices that kept failing poling and we moved devices about and tried all sorts of things, eventually we got it working, but it only lasted a few weeks before polling errors started coming back in, seems the ricochet network just isn't that good and you have no control over routing etc.

anyway i digress, i would like to get it working but at a loss. i know the ricochet network is up, as i can see it in the monitor, i know the keypad works as if i do plug it into the engineers lead it works just fine as a keypad, it has new batteries and keypad works on the batteries, but just wont find the network.

thanks

Well still not following the instructions.

when the panel is in commissioning mode it send the signal to the devices to report in every 4 minutes.
Now whilst Texecom reassures me it isn't necessary to turn off commissioning mode, I find more often than not it does help. That could be coincidence.

As for Ajax cant comment, never used it but believe now its graded.

Without going through this step by step and seeing what is going on, I have to rely on what you tell me.
I have very few problems with Ricochet (touch wood), although I can't say its been 100% faultless.

i really did follow the instructions, and if i didnt i dont know which bit i didnt, i also id steps 7,8 and 9 above in the reverse, so i powered up panel and then put in keypad batteries, which i believe were your instructions, i tried every which way, cover off panel, cover on panel, power up first then batteries in keypad, batteries in keypad then power up, when i put batteries in keypad first (and did not press learn yes or no) (hoping it would give time for panel to come up before i pressed no, it still started searching and the search on keypad is so short it never finds the network.

still at a loss as to why its so hard to change the batteries in this thing, as thats all that happened at the end of the day, the batteries died for a period of time and it hard dropped off ricochet and now just won't pick back up.

You down powered the panel in commissioning mode?.

Commissioning mode gets the devices to poll in every 4 minutes.

At the moment I am free if you want to give us a call and see if we can get this sorted and we can go through things in more detail and i can get feed back of what is happening at the time.

It isn't often that I see the issue of the wireless keypad behaving this way but have seen it a few times.
Indeed replaced batteries on a few keypads relatively recently without any issue.

More often than not new installs where i have had the unit setup in the office and then gone out to site after a week or so but not always.

Whist I don't see why it should make a difference, just trying to start with what i know has worked for me every time i have had the issue.

hi, no other keypads no, just that one. no, the panel was powered down NOT in commissioning mode, i put the jumper back to normal mode before powering down, as i put that back in normal mode when you said to upfront and not moved it since.

i am free, if you are, that would be great, not sure if you have whatsapp? thanks

one thing that is odd, i just thought "i will just check the ricochet map", so i signed into wintex and fired up the map, and it shows all devices including the keypad as poll able - so thought great, it did something over night, but went to the keypad and it still says network not found

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back