1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Texecom Premier Elite 64 - How to change batteries on Wireless Keypad?

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by will1281, 24 Feb 2021.

1. will1281

will1281

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I have a Texecom Premier Elite 64, with comwifi module.
    IMG_4099.jpg

I've recently changed the batteries in my motion sensors; and thought it would also be a good idea to change the batteries in the Wireless Keypad (just to keep the battery same date roughly the same). From what I can see online, its just 4xAA batteries.

1. o I simply put the system the engineer mode (via the keypad itself), then unscrew it from the wall and change the batteries?
    a. is there an "on/off" switch/mode on the Keypad that I need to press/enter before swapping out the batteries?
    b. will I need to "relink" the display panel (and other sensors); or will the system "remember" them?
    2. As an aside, I also have the "old App" on my phone. I was wondering does the App connect to the Keypad of the Alarm system directly? Is the App effectively a second keypad?

2. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    They are lithium AA batteries 1.5V

its been a while since I used the old keypad app, however its another keypad but its not a fully functional keypad.

ie quick arm, or keypad panic wouldn't work for example and you cant use a prox tag, but you can type in your code or program the system using it, or do a walk test walking round with your phone.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. will1281

will1281

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks @secureiam , to change the wireless keypad battery - can I simply put it in engineer mode and then unscrew from the wall and swap the batteries?
    I'll order some lithium AA batteries 1.5V.

5. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    put in engineering, unscrew retaining screw, slide up, batteries out, put the new batteries in pretty much it.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. will1281

will1281

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks for the help