Texecom Premier Elite 64 - How to change batteries on Wireless Keypad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Texecom Premier Elite 64, with comwifi module.
IMG_4099.jpg

I've recently changed the batteries in my motion sensors; and thought it would also be a good idea to change the batteries in the Wireless Keypad (just to keep the battery same date roughly the same). From what I can see online, its just 4xAA batteries.

1. o I simply put the system the engineer mode (via the keypad itself), then unscrew it from the wall and change the batteries?
a. is there an "on/off" switch/mode on the Keypad that I need to press/enter before swapping out the batteries?
b. will I need to "relink" the display panel (and other sensors); or will the system "remember" them?
2. As an aside, I also have the "old App" on my phone. I was wondering does the App connect to the Keypad of the Alarm system directly? Is the App effectively a second keypad?

Sponsored Links
They are lithium AA batteries 1.5V

its been a while since I used the old keypad app, however its another keypad but its not a fully functional keypad.

ie quick arm, or keypad panic wouldn't work for example and you cant use a prox tag, but you can type in your code or program the system using it, or do a walk test walking round with your phone.

thanks @secureiam , to change the wireless keypad battery - can I simply put it in engineer mode and then unscrew from the wall and swap the batteries?
I'll order some lithium AA batteries 1.5V.

put in engineering, unscrew retaining screw, slide up, batteries out, put the new batteries in pretty much it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back