Texecom Premier Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post to the forum so please excuse me if its a frustrating newbie question.

I'm just about to pull the plug on purchasing a Premier elite 24 system, I've got my eyes on a couple of kits which seem to the cheapest way of purchasing but none of these suit my needs perfectly, is there anywhere I can build a kit to suit? When I put everything together individually the price rockets compared to the kits.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you considered contacting the companies stating what you want and seeing if they can adapt a kit to suit?

I suspect they would appreciate the business at the mo and may well help you

Unfortunately without know what you want to make the system up with its impossible to say.

Again its the same for installers, a lot of the kits have certain PIR's supplied with them of which I wouldn't use.

so for example all wireless Texecom panels come with petwise sensors, as do Pyronix kits and various others.

KIT 5 comes with QD-W and DT-W sensors, which I prefer to use.

Have you considered contacting the companies stating what you want and seeing if they can adapt a kit to suit?

I suspect they would appreciate the business at the mo and may well help you

The kits are in the main made up by the manufacturers, some distributors have their own kits made by up the manufacturers but many don't.

Some companies make up their own kits and whilst that would be cheaper than buying separately it wont be as cheap as the manufacturer made kits due to handling if that makes any sense,

Sponsored Links
Brilliant thanks for the help, I'll try giving some a ring tomorrow.

@secureiam avoiding the pet sensors was one thing I wanted to do as well as skipping out the dummy sounder.

I'm after 4 DT sensors
keypad for the hall
means of disabling the alarm from the garage so maybe a second keypad
proximity tags
smartcom
This will be hardwired but I want the ability to add either wired or wireless additions later on.

Take a look on alert electrical.....nearest to trade on the net ...you just need a shopping list now

Take a look on alert electrical.....nearest to trade on the net ...you just need a shopping list now

Glad they've been recommended it's actually Alert I've got the kit sat in the basket, they seem to have the most comprehensive stock of Texecom components.

There are a few different keypads available which can affect the cost.

if you bought a kit 86 (you have two zones on keypad to use, 4 on the panel, built in wireless), use the micro contact on the door (if wiring a contact to it isn't easy), sell off the PW-W online and get £30plus for each one which would pay for hard wired DT's.

Then you can add either an SMK, FMK keypad in the hallway, or opt for a cheap LCDP for the garage?

Need to decide what you want and then work out the best way to buy

if you bought a kit 86 (you have two zones on keypad to use, 4 on the panel, built in wireless), use the micro contact on the door (if wiring a contact to it isn't easy), sell off the PW-W online and get £30plus for each one which would pay for hard wired DT's.

Then you can add either an SMK, FMK keypad in the hallway, or opt for a cheap LCDP for the garage?

Brilliant many thanks, that's tonight's googling sorted I'll take a look.

Just been doing some Googling and this is the sort of advice I've been looking for, still trying to work out a whole shopping list but this has given me more options rather than solely focusing on the wired kits.

Does this all make sense, seems crazy that the kit is £200 but £120 is the value of the 3 pir's

Texecom Premier 360 DT Dual Tech Ceiling Mount 360 Degree PIR Motion Detector (AFW-0001)
£30.50
Qty
£122.00

Texecom Premier Elite FMK Flush Mount Keypad - Diamond White (DBD-0170)
£124.50
Qty
£124.50

Texecom Premier Elite Ricochet 3-W Wireless External Sounder (GBR-0001)
Sounder:
1 x Texecom Premier Elite Ricochet 3-W Wireless External Sounder (GBR-0001) £62.50
Sounder Cover:
1 x Texecom Premier Odyssey 3 Sounder Cover (FCC-1169) £6.00
£68.50
Qty
£68.50

Honeywell Casil 12v 7Ah Alarm Battery (UC1270)
£10.00
Qty
£10.00

Texecom Premier Elite Connect SmartCom WIFI & Ethernet (CEL-0001)
£67.00
Qty
£67.00

Texecom Premier Elite Ricochet 64-W Wireless Kit 86 - Wired Keypad (KIT-0086)
£167.50
Qty
£167.50

8 Core Alarm Cable 100m - White (CAB-8C-W)
£11.00
Qty
£11.00

It’s not completely mad and the logic is you need x things for a basic system.

don’t use Casil batteries don’t rate them, then again Yuasa cost more like for like.

As for which sensors, can’t say much as not seen the property, but DT’s are less prone to false alarms.

It’s not completely mad and the logic is you need x things for a basic system.

don’t use Casil batteries don’t rate them, then again Yuasa cost more like for like.

As for which sensors, can’t say much as not seen the property, but DT’s are less prone to false alarms.

Thanks @secureiam, had a guy servicing our works Texecom alarms this morning and cornered him for a chat, he posed a question as to why I wasn't using Texecom smoke and heat alarms integrated into my alarm, I had planned Aico alarms on their own ring but Texecom would come in considerably cheaper and make use of the panel and smartcom, how would this work with the 64w panel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back