Texecom Premier - New ISP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

My Dad has recently swapped ISP and the result is that his Texecom alarm system isn't picking up the change. I've only ever got mine to recognise a new ISP as mine works on WiFi whereas his is wired, so not sure what to recommend to him.

I assumed that the alarm would just automatically pick up the new ISP and everything would be fine - however now I'm thinking does he also need to hit the reset button inside the smaller box (Smartcom?) and follow the same steps as setting up a WiFi based system?

Sponsored Links
depends on if the ip addresses is assigned in the panel or not as it does for Wi-Fi.

power cycle the units and it should normally. One online

If the ip address is set in the panel then that and the gateway may need updating to get it running

Not so many have them hardwired so it’s been a while since I last did so one hard wired

You can certainly default the smart com.
But there is no option for selecting hardwired, unlike Wi-Fi where you connect to the ssid of the smart com and select your Wi-Fi network and enter its password

You

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back