Texecom Premier - using fob in one Area turns off all areas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a three Area setup (main house, bike store, apartment).

If all three Areas are armed, and i go in to the house and enter my code / touch my fob, then all three Areas are disarmed.

I want to be able to only turn off the Area i'm entering, or perhaps to be able to select which Area I want to disarm.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Is it a User setting or an Area setting?
Can I do with with the Master code, or do I need to be Engineer?

Sponsored Links
depends on how things are set up.

look at keypad areas and look at user local arm and disarm

what panel and version are you on?

Not sure of you can turn the disarm first off against the user and if that would ask you if you want to diarm and you could then select the area you want to disarm first without testing it.

but that's where it would be if that was possible, instead of local arming and disarming options.

Sponsored Links
It's a TEXECOM PREMIER 48, flashed to the latest software (I'm not sure what it is )

Not sure of you can turn the disarm first off against the user and if that would ask you if you want to diarm and you could then select the area you want to disarm first without testing it.

I think this is the key :D

Page 126 of the Installation Manual says under "User Options 1"

Y - Auto ‘YES’ After a User code has been entered, pressing the y key to confirm the next action is not required.
F - Disarm First If an area is already armed and the selected user enters their code, the ‘Disarm’ option is displayed.

https://www.smartsecurity.guide/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Premier_Elite_24W_installation_manual.pdf

don't think it will work, unless the system is not in entry and in which case the option would have to be turned on to display the disarm option in which case you can I believe select area and then chose.

when the area is in entry presenting the fob or entering the code will disarm the areas assigned to the user, unless local disarm is selected.

Menu 4 on the keypad will tell you exactly what panel and version it is, difference between Premier 48 and an Elite 48 latest version and some behaviours is significant.

Aaah, OK.
Version is;

Elite 48
SW V5.01.02LS1

Just an update;

I tried turning off "Disarm First" but it didn't seem to make a difference.
So I turned on Local Arming and Local Disarming for each User.

For some reason Arming still seems to affect other areas (If I'm in the bike store and just say Yes to "Do you want to Arm the system?" it tries to activate the house).

But the good news is that Local Disarming seems to work.
If I go in the bike store and use my fob / code, it only turns off the bike store. (previously it would have turned off the other two Areas as well without an option to only Disarm the bike store).

I can still Arm and Disarm the other areas by using the Area button on the keypad.

Thanks for all your help @secureiam

probably, dont know how the system is programmed.

the area disarmed wis due to the entry started for that area I suspect.
loal arming however would start the arming process for the areas assigned to the keypad (also means you get sounds and alerts for these areas on that keypad), the arming modes may then affect how the areas arm or don't arm.

ie timed exit they should arm if no zones active, but if on e/e for those areas they may not arm as it needs to see a e/e door go open/close.

there is a lot of options???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back