Texecom: Slow iD response after adding single onboard zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I'm baffled by this one.

Installed new Texecom Premier Elite 88 a fortnight or so ago which has been working fine, albeit only setting overnight by control timer as not all keyholders had been issued tags in time.

It is an in-place upgrade of an old Premier 48, using ID biscuits 1-7. We don't have the spare biscuits 8-10 as it was originally installed by a security company.

I've been in today and added a door contact on the front door, wired to onboard zone 1, but now the response time from any of the existing PIR zones is 6-15 seconds versus ~1 second. Disabling the onboard zone returns the PIRs to normal response time.

Prior to today, my zones were as follows:

1) Spare (pending DC on front door) - "Not Used"
2) Office PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 1 - E/E1
3) Foyer PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 2 - E/E1
4) Lounge PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 3 - Guard
5) Hall PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 4 - Guard
6) Utility Room PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 5 - Guard
7) Passage PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 6 - Guard
8) Spare (pending DC on fire exit, with iD Loop 1 Biscuit 7) - Guard

I added the door contact to onboard zone 1, wired Double Pole as per install manual pg31 ("1 Normally Closed Contact"). Set to E/E1 zone type, Double/EOL wiring type. Access and Rearm attributes set. Zone Status correctly shows Active/Secure/Tamper for the door contact when in the respective states, so there's no problem with the contact/zone itself. (I even cut a short piece of cable and used that in place of the hard-wired contact, just to rule out the hardware)

However when using Chime, doing a Walk Test, or viewing Zone Status, the existing PIR zones now take 6-15 seconds to chime or change state to Active or back to Secure.

I had wondered if this was a bug to do with me mapping iD zones onto zones 1-8 if they should be "reserved" for onboard use, so I remapped my zones:

1) Spare (pending DC on front door) - "Not Used"
2-8) Not Used
10) Office PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 1 - E/E1
11) Foyer PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 2 - E/E1
12) Lounge PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 3 - Guard
13) Hall PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 4 - Guard
14) Utility Room PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 5 - Guard
15) Passage PIR - iD Loop 1 Biscuit 6 - Guard
16) Spare (pending DC on fire exit, with iD Loop 1 Biscuit 7) - Guard

There's still the delay, so I set zone 1 back to "Not Used" and the PIRs immediately start registering promptly as they should. This is repeatable when I re-enable zone 1, and also happens if I temporarily rewire/reconfig zone 1 to "NC" instead of "Double/EOL".

Any thoughts.....??

Peter

Sponsored Links
Where did you add the id module?

Just seem to recall theres an issue with the id loop on dome firmwares of elite panels where the id is added to the expansion module rather than on the network.

Wire the id module into the network, select for the first 30 biscuits, biscuit1 becomes zone 9 and biscuit 2 becomes zone 10 etc etc should find it responds okay.

Last edited:
Thanks - it is on the expansion port because that's where it was before.

It's sat inside the panel so no problem adding it to the Network.

Will hopefully try tomorrow.

Peter

Yep, spot on!

Worked straight away; thanks very much.

It has made me realise I can't use the 2nd ID module I bought with the alarm - the second loop is going at the far end of the building, in a new annexe - I was going to network to it alongside the 3rd RKP then use the ID module locally in that area. I'll have to run Loop 2 there instead and map my zones accordingly.

Peter

Sponsored Links
you cant map the id module zones when its connected to the network they start again at biscuit 1 zone 41 on loop 2

loop 1 biscuits 1-30 zones 9 - 38
loop 2 biscuits 1-30 zones 41 - 70

as you have an 88 Zones 39,40,71-88 will be mapable if wired to the keypads without biscuits

never tried to use 2 id modules on the same network, I suspect it wont work if you use loop1 only on the first unit and select both on the second but only wire into loop two.
be interested to have that confirmed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back