Texecom Premiere Elite 24 - correct zone configuration?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - looking for advice on how to set the zones on my Texecom Premiere Elite 24 kit. 5 x PIRs, one each per zone (1 - 5), zones 6 - 8 linked out on board and also set to disabled.
Zone 1 is the main hallway, keypad is in view of the PIR, zone type is Entry/Exit
Zone 2 is the utility room - it's possible someone may come in this way, so it's set to Entry/Exit 2.
Zones 3 - 5 are in rooms and are all set to Guard.

When I try to arm the system, I get "area in exit a" displayed, and it does not arm.

My thought is that the arming mode should be on "Timed Exit" rather than default "Entry/Exit".
If this is correct, should I also change zones 1 and 2 to be "Guard Access", or is "Entry/Exit" still correct for them?

Sponsored Links
Leave the zone programming as it is, change area A exit mode to timed and double check that your detectors are wired correctly (do they walk test?) Even with the exit mode set to Entry/Exit, the system should still be arming even though this is not the correct arming mode when using a PIR as the entry/exit zone.

As already pointed out on here many times and by scott1980, if you have an e/e PIR you must set the arming method to timed.

It is not recommended to have a PIR as an entry exit zone, although the system would be useable.

The door contact should be entry exit and the hallway PIR, guard access.

Sponsored Links
As already pointed out on here many times and by scott1980, if you have an e/e PIR you must set the arming method to timed.

It is not recommended to have a PIR as an entry exit zone, although the system would be useable.

The door contact should be entry exit and the hallway PIR, guard access.

Scott1980 and SecureIAM - Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this is a "new build" house where the building contractor had wiring installed ready for alarm installation (allegedly by a professional!), and there is no wiring for door contacts - just PIRs. Getting additional cables in now would have to be done on the surface, over a fair distance, and would be difficult to conceal. I appreciate this is a compromise between the best security solution, and aesthetics, but with the PIR looking straight at the front door, I think it's probably not the worst solution. (I'd be quite happy for aesthetics to lose out, but I don't get to make all the decisions! :() I'll try setting arming method to timed as per your advice - thanks again! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back