Texecom SmartPlug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a self installed Premier Elite 64 and have just purchased a couple of texecom smartplugs.

Have added them to the app ok but having problem setting them up in recipes.

all i want want to do turn a light on when dark and system armed.

Set up the timer but when i try and add system armed tis says -

There are no areas in this section,Please ensure these have been set up on your security system’

Just have 7 simple zones.

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
To get specific help, need to know how you have the system set up including the recipes and smart plugs etc.

I have had a demo unit activating the smart plug on a PIR going active and on a timer, but its been a while.

The behaviour of the smart plugs work best if the panel/ wireless expander version was a certain version of above, cant remember off the top of my head. This may be covered in a thread on here, but its certainly mentioned on the Texecom forums.

So my question is what is the original version of the 64-W panel and it's expander along with the setup as previously mentioned

Hi,
This is a very basic setup. Just has 7 zones all set up in area A. With part arms by omitting certain Zones.
Panel firmware is 5.02 and smartcom is 02.01.05.
just started playing with the recipes, trying to get the smartplug to turn on when its dark (set up the timer for this) but want to include only when armed.

Thansk

Dave

Okay well the panel should be fine if it was bought that way (ie not flashed up).

So which smart plug is assigned to the timer and does the timer work at all(armed or not)?

Sponsored Links
Just one SmartPlug currently which works fine on the timer alone. Just when trying to add when system armed in the recipe causes I get the error message. All zones in area a.

Hmm, just tried this on my test system and set it up will check later that is actually working.

1. What is the Status of Area A when trying this?
2. What are your Areas called?
3. what is your timer called?
4. What is your recipe called?
5.What device are you setting this up on?

Not sure why your getting this error without taking a closer look at your panel profile.

1. I guess you mean armed or unarmed, it's unarmed.
2. Not set up areas d]so they are default, no name
3. timers on panel not used just using timer on the app, which is called evening timer
4. lounge light
5. an iPhone 6 via the app

Hopefully I have answered correctly, thanks for you help.
I think it maybe something to with the fact I haven't named area A.

Okay, I set up and tested and it worked fine didn't get any warnings.

Assign Area Text in the panel for areas on the system, whilst I am not certain, I am fully aware that Texecom advise that the Areas need Text assigning for things to work as designed. All My customers get text assigned to areas when using the smart com, even if its very basic Area 1/2/3/4 etc

Thank you very much for your help. Added text to Area A and can now program the recipe to work only when armed.
Many Thanks again.
Dave

With every solution comes another problem :(
All zones are in one area.
I have one zone sensor in a detached garage.
I part arm the garage at night.
Part arming is achieved by omitting all the house zones leaving just the garage.
When I part armed the garage tonight the SmartPlug turned on via the recipe.
Guess this is because the system can't see a part arm when in the same area.

So guess I have to reprogram, so garage and any other part arm zones are in different areas.

Am hoping there is easier way to part arm the garage without having to move zones to different areas.

Trying to workout the recipe logic for doing this but no joy yet.

Dave

Cant work out how to do this via recipes.
Is the only answer to move the garage sensor into a new stand alone area.
Thanks
Dave

All pirs etc are in area a. I use part arms with, for example, garage part arm, all detectors omitted with exception of the garage PIR.

Was thinking that, just hoping that there was a way round it leaving all in area A.

Thanks
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back