Texecom SmartKey issues!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, this is my first post so please be gentle with me.

I have tried to install a Texecom Premier Elite 64-M (Wireless) including a Texecom Connect SmartCom and Texecom SmartKey.

I've managed to get the system working to some extent but i'm having problems setting up the SmartKey.

All Zones as setup to Area 1 with Part Arm set to Omit the Bedroom Zone 11. The Keyboard will Part Arm and Full Arm okay.

I have a Texecom Connect SmartCom that I have managed to get working and can Arm and Part Arm using the Mobile App - all okay.

Problems:

1, The SmartKey will only Part Arm and will not Fully Arm!
2, The SmartKey will not act as a tag - if I present it to the Keyboard 'PROX' nothing happens. I have gone through the setup several times, including deleting it and re-learning it to the system.

Questions:

1, Does the SmartKey need to be learned as User 2 as in the Instruction Guides example or can it be learned to User 1 (The Master)?

2, Why does it only Part Arm and not Fully Arm?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bob...

Sponsored Links
The prox tag part of the Smart Key I would suspect is physically seperate to the radio fob and as such will need learning in seperately. You can add the prox part of the smart key to the same user slot as the radio part.

With regards to the second issue, check that you have "Radio 2 step arm" disable in global config.

Hi Scott,

Well thank's for such a speedy response. I have set the Option 48 (Two Stage Wireless Arming) to Radio 1 Step Arm in Global Option - System Config and now the SmartKey Part Arms and Fully Arms the system. If I put it back to Radio 2 Step Arm it reverts back to just flashing the blue (Blue X Red) power light and the Red arming light and then the Red arming light goes out leaving the Blue Power light on and nothing happens.

There must either be a typing error in the 'Premier Elite Series Installation Manual (INS176-15)' where is says:

48 – Radio 2 Step Arm
When arming using a wireless FOB. The arming procedure requires two steps.
Radio 1 Step Arm
When arming using a wireless FOB. The arming procedure requires one step.
49 - Radio Step 2 Zone
When configuration option 48 is programmed as ‘Radio 2 Step Arm’ the second step of the arming procedure is the activation of any zone programmed as ‘Guard Access’.
Radio Step 2 RKP
When configuration option 48 is programmed as ‘Radio 2 Step Arm’ the second step of the arming procedure is confirmation via the keypad

OR there is a programming error. As it should have worked in either mode in option 48.

In the Radio 1 Step Arm one still ends up having to open the door (Zone set to Guard Access) to Arm the system. So it's still a Radio 2 Step arm even though it's now set to Radio 1 Step Arm!!

Do you know of any way I can configure the SmartKey to Arm the system after I have left and looked up the house, to do as it says in the Manual to do a 1 Step Arm, no need to open the front door to Arm?
Perhaps I have to create a new Area called B and include all the Zones into that Area (B) and use the SmartKey to Arm Area B. But I'm not sure if I can change the Same Zone (09) type to Guard Access in Area A and Guard in Area B???

Seems this SmartKey is redundant with the Texecom Connect App installed on one phone! However: I would like my wife to have the SmartKey so she can Arm the system from her car before she drives off - again any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Now for the FOB problem(s)...

I went into Keypad Setup (BTW it's a LCDLP Keypad) in the Engineers Programming area 8 and set a TEST user with User Type 'Master' and went through the Assign Prox TAG, it beeped as if it had seen the TAG and then went on to User 3 as in the Install Manual. However; the TAG then seems to do nothing if presented to the 'PROX' symbol on the Keyboard.

I have gone into the Keypad Setup in the Engineers area (4) and set the RKP*1,1 (Area 1) and mapped the Keypad Zones to the following not used Zones Z1 - 017 and Z2 - 018 . I'm not sure why one has to do this as the Keyboard has already been Zoned to Zone 16 and is working perhaps you could explain.

I've looked and looked but can't find anything that will enable the TAGs - I'm sure I must be missing something but what I really can't see!!

Texecom really need to do a re-wright of their Premier Elite Series Installation Manual to cater for the idiots LoL.

Again; any help would be very much appreciated and thanks for the help so far.

Bob...

Hi Scott,

Guess what - I've found it, the TAG Arming problem - one has to open the Keyboard Front Cover then press the Tick (Yes) button to liven up PROX detector!!! How stupid is that??

All people want to do is to come home and wave the TAG at the box to disarm the alarm and then get on with things...

I'm guessing it's all to do with saving power as these Keyboards are battery powered.

So second problem has been solved - few!!!

Any help on the SmartKey problem again would be very much appreciated.

Take care,

Bob...

Sponsored Links
Not a fan of prox tags and smart keys because they are usually attached to a set of keys and the alarm can be easily disabled once door is opened or before entry wrt to smart key.

as for wireless keypads, all have them have some kind of power saving associated with them, and can be brought alive in certain ways, any button and present prox tag isn't as mad as it sounds.

The two stage arming process is designed to stop the system from being armed accidently with the smart key in the pocket, but agree its mental process and changing to 1 stage arm makes more sense for arming all areas assigned to the user.

As for arming, guard access zone activated to set doesn't sound right at all, as at default the panel has to see the e/e zone go open and close for the system to set.

Don't ridicule what you clearly don't understand, as sometimes there are good reasons for things working the way they do even if they seem strange.

look at your configuration options and arming modes maybe?

Hi SecureIam,

Thanks for your post - clearly 'don't understand' or I wouldn't need to ask the questions in the first place.

For the SmartKey to activate the system by accident, while in one's pocket, it would have to have the 'on' button pressed for 4 seconds and then the Arm key pressed - not much chance of that happening, well not in my pockets. The SmartKey would also have to be in range of one of the Ricochet devices too?

With the system set to factory settings the SmartKey should have worked as is - no need to set Radio 1 Step Arm.

48 – Radio 2 Step Arm
When arming using a wireless FOB. The arming procedure requires two steps.
Radio 1 Step Arm
When arming using a wireless FOB. The arming procedure requires one step.
49 - Radio Step 2 Zone
When configuration option 48 is programmed as ‘Radio 2 Step Arm’ the second step of the arming procedure is the activation of any zone programmed as ‘Guard Access’.
Radio Step 2 RKP
When configuration option 48 is programmed as ‘Radio 2 Step Arm’ the second step of the arming procedure is confirmation via the keypad

With it set to Radio 1 Step Arm one still has a two step arm - press Arm then e/e zone go open and close. Can't set from outside the house!!

No suggestions how to fix this then?

Guard access zone activated is for when one activates the system from the Keyboard that would be in the house - the SmartKey is mobile.

No suggestions how to fix this then?

Regards,

Bob...

I use the SmartKey to part arm the system at night - does anyone know how I can set the part arm to arm silently using the SmartKey?
BTW it's set to it's own user?

Thanks old chap - I've changed the options and will try it out tonight - also put on Instant Arm...

Thanks again,

Bob...

Does the SmartKey always part are part arm 1 or can this be changed via programming?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back