Texecom ComIP Smartkey Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A few weeks ago I had installed a ComIP on my system using a hard wired connection. Entered in all the details required like UDL and IP address and port.
I have the iOS Texecom Keypad app and lets me log in (got the dark blue icon), check the logs, etc.

But when i try to use the SmartKey or X10 output options, it says 'No User Areas. No user area settings have been detected. You will not be able to view the status of the system until they have been setup' or 'Arming Not Allowed. You do not have access to this area.'

So in 'My Sites', under User Areas, i have entered in my pin for Master user alarm code and ID. Is this correct? I have also tried the engineer code but both dont work.

Does anyone know what needs to be done in order to get round the issue above?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
its been a while since I did the old app.

but user id and user code should be all you need from memory.
You have an X10 module?

its been a while since I did the old app.

but user id and user code should be all you need from memory.
You have an X10 module?

Hi, don’t think I got an x10 but thought I would mention the error also. What should the user id and code map to? Or do I need to create a second user on the panel?? Thanks

to any valid user code and it should work.

I seem to recall the app being a nightmare, in that it didn't always store data, once the data is in come all the way out of the app and go back in again.

Some options were programmable as an engineer only I think, you would then have to log out and log in as a user to use them.

Sponsored Links
Hi. so i have the User Code as nnnn and the User ID as Master? Still get the same message. I have restarted the app too.

Ah ok! so User ID, changed that to 01, and i dont get the error anymore. thank you. Not sure what you mean by assigning the areas?

don't worry if its working, its been a long time since I have done the old app so memory may be a bit fuzzy

I have registered the device with Texecom and entered the account number I received in the email. I have also entered in an email address but mainly want to get notification of the alarm goes off. So I triggered the panic button to set off the alarm but I didn’t get any notifications within the app, do I need to set something else up? The notification section in the app just says no events for today...

Not sure it made any difference to be honest.

Just about your selection for the reporting options

I'll try it this weekend. As long as i get notifications through the app, i'll be happy. I assume its just a matter of following pages 10 and 11?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back