You can never have to many Texecom related questions

TNB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Firstly, thanks for all the great advice posted here, the forum has been loads of help so far with the installation of my system but there are a few things I still need help with.

I've got a Premier Elite 64w (kit0002) system with a SmartCom and a Smart Key.

The first problem is arming and disarming.

1) I've enabled quick arming but it isn't working. Pressing the Full Arm or Part Arm buttons does nothing. I have to enter the user code first.

2). Even with entering the user code I can then only part arm from the keypad. It won't fully arm from the keypad. The only way to fully arm the system is using the SmartKey or the App.

3) The system won't disarm using the code or tag, it will only disarm using the SmartKey or app.

Not sure if it's related but I've got the ATS Path Fault message which I can't get rid of. I've set it to arm with this message (which it does by SmartKey or App).

For the most part I like the alarm and have almost enjoyed installing it and setting it up. But the installations manual is garbage and two weeks after registering I still cant post on Texecom's own forum so I'm really hoping someone here can help me.

Sponsored Links
1) wireless keypad needs waking up first?
2) did you open and close the e/e door?
3) keypad not woken up first?

arming with ATS is possible but need to check area option to see if enabled or not.
ATS fault relates to a coms module that’s unable to communicate, again would need to check if it’s user or engineers resetable in Area options.

Note if fault still exists it won’t clear, however it may not be simple to resolve depends on what’s going on. ATS usually clears on its own.

Verision of panel? Menu 4
Version of smart com?

Thanks for the reply.

1) maybe. But if have thought the first press of the arm or part arm button would wake it up if needs be and the second button would do what's required.

2) which is it meant you be? I'm pretty sure I've tried to arm it with the door open and closed. Maybe I've opened it first which has shown as a fault/tamper and then not left it long enough to reset before trying it again with the door closed.

3)Did entering the code not wake it up, or do I need to press something to wake it up before entering the code? When is part armed I can enter the code or use a key fob and it recognized the user and asks me if I wasn't to disarm. I press the tick key and after a few seconds I get a shirt neo and then it reminds me that it's still part armed so I have to go and find the Smart Key.

I'll take some screens shots of the area options tomorrow if I can.

Panel is a 64w with version 5 I belive and I updated the SmartCom software through the iPhone app last weekend to whatever the latest version is.

If you start with no faults and follow the recommended procedure as per the manuals.

You can in the event of failure check the event log and record the actual events that take place.

I believe the manual says wake the keypad first.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. You did well to decipher my scrawl, serves me right for trying to type on a phone screen after a couple of glasses of wine.

I've only had a short time to look at it today and haven't managed to clear the ATS Path Fault message despite using the Engineers code to do a reset after setting the alarm off on the way in this afternoon.

Hopefully I'll have some more time tomorrow night and can post some screenshots of the setup.

I downloaded the user manual today which s helpful as I'd only seen the installation manual previously.

Still can't disarm after entering a user code though, but bizarrely I did manage to do a full arm from the keypad by going User Code >Area >1>Yes. I was surprised it armed without me needing to open the front entrance though as I thought I had it set to Entry rather than Timed. I'll double check that tomorrow too.

disarming, with a code requires user locked by timer option CCC to be turned off against the user.

can't comment on what it should or shouldn't be doing without confirming exactly how its programmed. Certainly should have set if the door contact is on e/e and the arming mode is entryexit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back