Texecom Vertas not sounding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a quick one. Uncle has the above alarm in his house been in for 5 years or so and all has been working fine until he set it off the other day. apart from going off at the keypad none of the other sounders triggered. Going to have a look at it this weekend but was thinking that the bell fuse could of blown? Would you agree? Also will replace the battery as that's going to be on its way out now - could a flat battery blow the fuse?

Sponsored Links
A failed/ failing battery can cause all sorts of issues, replace battery and report back.

Did your uncle mention if any of the LED lights were lit after the alarm sounded ?

The Veritas range are normally a fairly reliable bit of kit.

Post photo of bell box
Texecom had a piezo sounder problem a few years back on some of their bell box range ?

Sponsored Links
It's not a texecom bell box bud. Bell box was replaced about 3 years ago, basically the alarm has been in for about 20 years (not originally fitted by me) about 4/5 years ago the panel blew and had to be replaced that's when I fitted the texecom a while after that I replaced the old bell box with a brand new one. I haven't had chance to even have a look at it yet I just wondered if it was likely that the fuse could of blown

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back