Texecom Wireless Alarm config

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im setting up a Premier Elite 64 (all Richochet sensors) for the first time and seem to be running into some issues with the setup/config. Perhaps, i'm doing things in the wrong order and just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

A few issues spotted so far:

1) 2 of the door contacts display tamper faults. I have tried several times to remove cover and re-seat, but doesn't seem to be working with the same fault coming up continuously.

2) I have tried to arm the system (and deleted the 2 'faulty' door contacts temporarily), but the system doesn't appear to arm. A short beep is followed by a message of 'Confirm Devices'. The log displayed on Wintex doesnt seem to give much away and just says System Access by Master. Could it be that the zones haven't been correctly configured on Wintex perhaps?

Sponsored Links
You need to go into engineer utils on the keypad and confirm devices …
Thanks @sparkymarka!

any thoughts on the issue with the door contacts showing tamper fault?

Also, should the sensors have the LEDs glow upon movement outside of arming mode? All of the LEDs on my sensors appear to be off, but not sure if there is a setting to bring these on.

No …I steer clear of the texecom wireless stuff …due to many issues over the years , it’s normal for the LEDs to be off as they would soon drain the battery
Which door contacts are you using ?

Sponsored Links
The door contacts are the GHA-0001 i.e. the standard ones which you get with the wireless kit.

Are they fixed to door / frame at the moment ? As I assume they have a back tamper ( normally a cut out on the rear )

They are yes. I do have one door contact (out of 3) which seems to work fine and mounted in the same way as the 2 which have the tamper fault.

Did you use the screws supplied?
If yes is the screw in one of the designated firing points ?
Does the screw sit proud of the recess ?

If yes to all the above try losing the screw, it’s possible the plastic is being distorted.

If none of the above are true, can you see the device in ricochet monitor or in ricochet diagnostics via the e keypad.

When you place your device onto the back plate it should close and send a signal back to the panel.

If it doesn’t the device last reported state shows ie in tamper and eventually device goes into supervision fault.

The position on the contact on the window and door along with using a shallow or deep back box can make a difference in signal back to the panel.

Check the device and move it away from any metal work if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back