Textured Coat Ceiling Paint Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to start using a foam roller (as advised) to apply Polycell crack covering textured paint on a ceiling. Should I cut in first with this? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought so, yes.

Cutting in last often shows up more than if you do it first, though not necessarily such a problem with textured paints.

Often a plain border is used when artexing to create a neat edge; the textured roller won't bring the pattern all the way to the wall:
Screenshot_20220830-225545_Chrome.jpg
I'm no expert, but it may be a case of cutting in afterwards to get the best finish?
...or a layer of masking tape around the edge?

Sponsored Links
Often a plain border is used when artexing to create a neat edge; the textured roller won't bring the pattern all the way to the wall:
View attachment 278186
I'm no expert, but it may be a case of cutting in afterwards to get the best finish?
...or a layer of masking tape around the edge?

From your image, looks to me the texture went all the way to the edge and was scraped off to create the flat area adjacent to the edge. The scraping was probably done using a block of something such as some kind of a special mini-float or piece of wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back