Textured plywood sidings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Nearly time to move into my new house and getting projects sorted.

As I said in an earlier posting I am considering building my own shed. The wife tried to put me off but after a visit to a number of shed makers and suppliers she agrees the overall quality to price isn't so good. Some just plain cr*p.

Anyway whilst trawling the net for ideas and possible free plans I came across a couple of American designs who use Textured Plywood Sidings straight on the frame. Looks just like tongue and groove. I wondered if this sort of thing is available in the UK, is it suitable for the climate and what the price would be.

Anyone any ideas.

Thanks.

Staylong

Sponsored Links
Not heard of it,as you say properly not common in the UK.

I'm afraid with shed quality,you get what you pay for.Basically sheds are made the same way,if you want to build heavy duty then use thicker frame such as 75mm x 50mm and T&G log timber which are available in 20mm thickness plus wood treatment once or twice a year.Wood quality such as Nordic Pine are very good.

I have done mine last year which is a bit difference,instead of timber frame,I used precast slabs then fix log cladding in front of it !! This should see me out providing wood treatment are carried out. :)

See this for photo.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back