Thames Water Build Over Agreements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Can anyone shed any light on these please, i have a public sewer under my proposed extension terraced house, i understand if we seal it then we need to have an agreement in place, if we don't seal it (ie put another cover in place , like the pic) do we still need to have an agreement?

I also plan to have a new manhole outside the extension.
manhole.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hiya,

Can anyone shed any light on these please, i have a public sewer under my proposed extension terraced house, i understand if we seal it then we need to have an agreement in place, if we don't seal it (ie put another cover in place , like the pic) do we still need to have an agreement?

I also plan to have a new manhole outside the extension.View attachment 166132

Thanks.

If you build over, or near (within 3metres), you need a build over agreement.

Im not convinced Thames will allow an internal manhole on a public sewer -you wouldnt be happy to have a public sewer blocked in your extension!

Sewers running parallel to the rear of terraced houses can be showstoppers -I hope you get it sorted ok.

As notch says, Thames water don't allow internal manholes whatever you do with it. The only option is to divert it, if that's even possible.
You will need an agreement regardless, i think it's only 300 pounds for a small sewer. In our case the architect designed the solution as it was simple, but you can discuss solutions with them as to what they'd be happy with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back