Build over agreement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

have posted a couple of times before, in relation to our proposed extension.

It has been confirmed by Yorkshire Water that we are NOT able to move the manhole that would be interfering with the extension (it covers part of the planned extension), because the sewer drainage takes a 90 degree bend where the manhole is. They require a manhole at all 90 degree bends.

This means that we are going reduce the width of our extension slightly, and but up to the very edge of the manhole.

Will i require a build over agreement for this from Yorkshire Water, even though we are not interfering with the drains?

The footings will go invert to the drains.

cheers

Mark

Sponsored Links
Anything within 3m will require an agreement from them though if you're not building over a sewer you will require a 'build near' agreement.

South West Water charge £167, I think all the water companies are similar but it will all be on your water company's website.

Sponsored Links
What if it was a T and not a 90bend?

Assuming you can access one bit from your neighbours could you not access the downstream bit with a new manhole like this (I've guessed how your extension will be):

IMG_7719.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back