Anglian Water - Build Over Agreement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently had our planning permission granted for a single storey rear extension. Our extension will go out 3m (where the existing manhole current is) but our detached garage will be knocked down and converted to an “L shape” extension (where we propose to move the manhole next to).

We have been advised by our architects that we will need a build over agreement as we will be building over or within 3 metres of a drain or inspection chamber.

They have provided a quote for this but we’re reluctant to spend any more than we have to.

I was wondering, has anyone prepared the drawings for the application of a Build Over Agreement themselves before? If so, where the heck do you start?!

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Got to be worth checking out who shares it with you - ask a neighbour to flush a loo while someone observes the manhole. Contact Anglian Water direct - they should be able to work with you direct - you may not need a fancy drawing, just accurate measurements and details. They should have plans of " alleged" drain runs ( not always accurate)

Sponsored Links
Does Anglian operate a self certification scheme? If so you can fill the form in yourself and there is no fee.

If not, send them any drawing that you already have, and a rough section showing the foundations next to the drains. Your architect will need to draw this anyway as part of the building regs drawings, so there should be no extra costs. You can make the application yourself, but there will be a fee, plus possible CCTV drain survey cost.

what I'f its not a shared from my left side of the house and going from my drain to next doors?
Becomes public at the point it crosses the boundary.

PS. probably better to start your own thread.

I was wondering, has anyone prepared the drawings for the application of a Build Over Agreement themselves before?
Your architect can overlay onto your existing drawings with the help of a little sketch from your builder, illustrating drain runs and their depths.

jendrain2.png
jendrains.png

I carried out all the work seen above whilst the agreement was being discussed. It arrived as we were doing the pour... :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back