Thames Water Pressure Low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As of the last 2 weeks my mains water pressure is dipping quite low at times. Used to get 2.5 bar + but now it sinks as low as 1.4 during morning and evening "rush hours" and will just about hit 2 bar at night. I realise that their small print says they are only obliged to provide 1 bar at ground floor level, but seeing that my pressure has been much better pretty much all the time for the last 10 years, can Thames Water be 'pressured' into sorting out the pressure 'that I am accustomed to'? There is no leak under my garden path, and i am concerned that all the many recent conversions to flats in my area has effectively doubled the number of working bathrooms and kitchens in my street.

Sponsored Links
can Thames Water be 'pressured' into sorting out the pressure 'that I am accustomed to'?
In one word, No.
I realise that their small print says they are only obliged to provide 1 bar at ground floor level
And that is why.

They may just be carrying out work at the pumping station or
i am concerned that all the many recent conversions to flats in my area has effectively doubled the number of working bathrooms and kitchens in my street
they may have turned it down a bit to save water or there may be a leak somewhere they don't know about.
Ring them anyway.:idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back