Thanks Everyone (Baxi 105e)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't belive it, had a problem with my Baxi Combi Boiler where the heating would only run for five minutes and then shut down, hot water was working fine.

Went through the service manual and checked various components (diverter valve head, diverter valve body, programmer, pump, etc.)

Was at the last straw when I thought (thanks to this forum) maybe the programmer is not calling for central heating. I had already bridged out the CH demand wires on the programmer base, and, as I was getting the same symptoms as before had disregarded the programmer as being the culprit.

As I have now found, you have to let the boiler carry out it's pre heating cycle and stand at rest BEFORE you call for CH from the programmer. I was bridging the CH demand wires and THEN turning the boiler on at the mains.

Special thanks to gazthepottertonengineer who first aroused my suspicions, saying I should check the room stat/programmer was in fact calling for heat and to check wether the radiator neon was illuminated on the boiler, (which it was not).

I now have heating by bridging the demand wires from the programmer AFTER the boiler has been through it's 'warm up' cycle.

I will get a new controller ASAP, the current one is a Horstman, I have since heard that they are not that good (no kidding) have been told that honeywell do a better one.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me the advice I needed, the missus is also very happy now the house is warm and cozy. (Maybe if I get it warm enough she will have no option but to take all her clothes off!!)

Thanks again :LOL:

its very kind of you to take the trouble to say thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back