That's done it.

Sponsored Links
I think it was a media stitch up. They were desperate to find a headline of people ignoring the advice. I think very few people in the shots shown were grouping together. What I saw was families out for a walk who were probably already in the same household. Yes there were a few crowds around chip shops etc. But I reckon most people were abiding by the rules.

I also think the lockdown was inevitable and phased. It was always coming.

If Boris, or more correctly - the government and advisors, had shut the country down a week or two earlier it would have caused complete panic in much of the public.
People have been panicking and bulk buying as it was.
Got to remember that government advisors and civil servants are predicting the results of their decisions and the full truth is not revealed of this virus
More likely it would have been ignored than result in panic. There's still people saying they don't think it's needed now.

A week ago the panic buying was already in full swing. I'd have to check but I think the hand wash and toilet roll situation was already 'scarce' two weeks ago.

More likely it would have been ignored than result in panic. There's still people saying they don't think it's needed now.

A week ago the panic buying was already in full swing. I'd have to check but I think the hand wash and toilet roll situation was already 'scarce' two weeks ago.
Yeah it was. Came home from sending my dad off in Cornwall 16 days ago to find my partner hadn't bought any - down to 2 rolls. Took quite a few shopping trips to find any. Bloomin blokes, thinking 2 is enough :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If Boris, or more correctly - the government and advisors, had shut the country down a week or two earlier it would have caused complete panic in much of the public.
People have been panicking and bulk buying as it was.
Got to remember that government advisors and civil servants are predicting the results of their decisions and the full truth is not revealed of this virus
I don't think in regards to panic, it makes any difference when it was all shut down. People are people, they will always panic and be greedy.
I'd rather people were at home, without 30 packets of loo roll and safe. If it had been done straight away then things would've been deffo easier on the NHS and lives would've been saved.

I also think the lockdown was inevitable and phased. It was always coming.

The decisions made by the UK government have been guided (or misguided, whatever your political persuasion: time will be the ultimate judge) by both the medical advice, and behavioural science.
Some people will always be contrary, some will always think they're the exception, some will always have a "valid" reason why the rules don't apply to them. These behaviours were considered, and factored in.

I wonder if Professor Chris Whitty CB FRCP FFPH FMedSci worked it out. Or Sir Patrick Vallance FRS FMedSci FRCP. Maybe what they really needed was an IT minion.
ad hominem attack.

you need to explain why the UK acted differently to other countries.

I read that doctors are looking to quarantine a certain ski resort. Too many dumb skiers apparently. :whistle:

Exactly how many less?
Less

the faster you drive into a brick wall, the more bones you might break.
slower means less
less is good

the number doesnt matter
please try to avoid rather simplistic strawmen

Sponsored Links
Back