That's done it.

Sponsored Links
What lies has he told?
Historically he has been fired from.his job for lying once at the Times and once from government. There are also various other 'minor' lies that are well documented.

I don't think it's a useful way to phrase things but it does have truth behind it.

Historically he has been fired from.his job for lying once at the Times and once from government. There are also various other 'minor' lies that are well documented.

I don't think it's a useful way to phrase things but it does have truth behind it.

What has that got to do with the present situation

It's rhetorical question the answer is f all

Exactly how many less?
Exactly isn't possible, obviously. But it will be possible to look back and make estimates. The UK approach to lock down has been slow, not because we weren't aware or unable but because we chose to be slow.

It wont take a rocket scientist to see how the death rate slows in two weeks. Nor would it take a brain surgeon to work out what would have happened if we'd locked down a week earlier.

Edit: PS Fewer, not less. :D

Sponsored Links
Seems like the French did not take Italian or Chinese advice either

What has that got to do with the present situation

It's rhetorical question the answer is f all
It goes to trust and character. Obviously.

Then again I don't think his trustworthiness is relevant here, more his judgement.

Very roughly there are 1100 hospitals in Britain, and currently 6600 cases of the virus. That's 6 cases per hospital - are some hospitals not pulling their weight?
There are roughly 140 NHS trusts iirc. Generally that's one to a hospital although there are a fair few multi hospital trusts. So it's more like 40 to a hospital, on average. But the cases aren't distributed evenly.

London is the worst spot for infections in the UK by far. It isn't efficient or safe to helicopter someone from Central London to the islands of Scotland whilst they're on a ventilator. There are already measures in place to share the load between London hospitals and surrounding counties but that can only go so far and relies on those other hospitals to have capacity.

If Boris, or more correctly - the government and advisors, had shut the country down a week or two earlier it would have caused complete panic in much of the public.
People have been panicking and bulk buying as it was.
Got to remember that government advisors and civil servants are predicting the results of their decisions and the full truth is not revealed of this virus

Boris (and other leaders), put economics before the health of the nation. Nutter Trump is desperate to see the Dow Jones bounce back - so much so that the dangerous fat orange **** is thinking of ending the USA's restrictions prematurely.

Bozza/Trump peas in a pod.

I wonder if Professor Chris Whitty CB FRCP FFPH FMedSci worked it out. Or Sir Patrick Vallance FRS FMedSci FRCP. Maybe what they really needed was an IT minion.
They have. The rumour is they've been pushing for earlier closures and Boris has been resisting.

To inject a small amount of hope into this discussion, may I draw your attention to the following: -
https://www.dailywire.com/news/coro...to-die-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-his-life
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html
https://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2...irus-treatment

However, I cannot understand why the Australian Government is throwing Billions to assist those who are out of work but is not yet funding the AUD$10 million needed for the study mentioned in the third reference.

No, but he could have been far more decisive. His advice changed from day to day.
Because of course, he is well experienced in dealing with an issue like this and the advice he was getting did not also change from day to day.

Give him a break, he's probably just as scared and clueless about this as the next man. (actually strike the clueless, he probably knows a damn lot more than we do now).

Sponsored Links
Back