That's what I get for being helpful......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to look at a job today for a recently widowed lady. As I was leaving I commented on her gutter overflowing. She said that someone had been round knocking on doors offering to clean the gutters and she'd taken them up on it. Obvious chancers. As it was just her porch and garage and within easy reach I offered to investigate and sort it out free of charge. Got small steps out of van and reached into the gutter. No obvious obstruction. Then my brain switched off and I removed the offset bend. Niagra Falls ensued and I got absolutely soaked. Had to go home to change. If anyone was watching they would have had a right old chuckle. Still, I found the blockage and sorted it out so she was well happy.

Sponsored Links
What does the sign writing on the side of your van say Solo, :?:

Plumbing heating and drenching :LOL: :LOL:

truth be known we will have all done somthing like that ;)

I had a local pub recently that called me in for a storage tank overflow running. Went in loft and thought I'd be clever and sort it without turning water off! WRONG!!! 1 minute later I was soaked right through to my boxers and socks! Went down (ran) through bar to water meter stop cock saying to punters 'don't you dear laugh' they did, I didn't :oops: Had to go home and completely change all clothing. Never again :evil:

I did it the other week had the water turned off at the mains while i fitted a new toilet, shouted down to the mrs to turn the water back on, however i`d forgotten to attach the pipe to the toilet and i was soaked....

I`m a bit dim like that

Sponsored Links
Maybe that's why plumbers charge so much. That tumble dryer must cost a fortune to run :rolleyes:

Back