The 16amp question but different

If the combi oven came with a plug and didn’t have manufactures instructions to be connected and separately protected his ‘reasoning ‘ would hold more water. I holds less for me as the same load on the other oven is via a separate radial. Although this is obviously good practice and the norm to have a cooker outlet on a 6mil.
Other things that I find troublesome is that the isolation switch, marked microwave, is used for the option of an extra second oven mounted above the first (this on a separate radial) in the show home, so this isn’t a one off.
The installation just strikes me as cutting corners and reducing costs.
New builds in my mind, shouldn’t even need a discussion of whether they are or aren’t in regs.

Sponsored Links
... The installation just strikes me as cutting corners and reducing costs.
I'm afraid that is the story with so many new builds. However, I don't think one can totally blame the builders - it's the house buyers who want to pay the lowest possible price - so they tend to get 'what they are prepared to pay for'!
New builds in my mind, shouldn’t even need a discussion of whether they are or aren’t in regs.
As above, new builds often cut far more corners than anything else.

Kind Regards, John

I'm afraid that is the story with so many new builds. However, I don't think one can totally blame the builders - it's the house buyers who want to pay the lowest possible price - so they tend to get 'what they are prepared to pay for'!
As above, new builds often cut far more corners than anything else.

Kind Regards, John
Is that some form of typo ‘it’s the house buyers that want to pay the lowest possible price’ have you tried buying one lately. Builders cut the cost to maximise profits not to provide cheaper housing for the proletariat !

Is that some form of typo ‘it’s the house buyers that want to pay the lowest possible price’ have you tried buying one lately. Builders cut the cost to maximise profits not to provide cheaper housing for the proletariat !
It's both - so actually worse than you are suggesting. Buyers want the lowest possible price, and builders want the lowest possible building costs (so as to maximise profits). If they keep the price as low as the buyers want whist still 'maximising their profits', that requires an awful lot of corners to be cut.

... but, in answer to your question, no, I have never in my life bought a 'new build', and never would :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I don't think these days any prices are as low as the buyers want - if they ever were.
I'm sure that's true. However, you know what I mean - in terms of most purchases (including houses) the majority of buyers want the lowest price possible (without necessarily giving enough thought to the quality of what they will be buying).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back