1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

The bathroom extractor is hanging loose

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Jupiter01, 20 Jan 2021.

1. Jupiter01

Jupiter01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I swapped my conventional bathroom extractor to an inline extractor around a year ago. It's been a huge improvement but I have never got around to addressing the following and would appreciate your advice.

upload_2021-1-20_15-24-33.png

The hole in the ceiling is only marginally larger than the outer grill plate for this extractor. This means that if I try to screw it, I am likely to hit the duct above the ceiling. Hence it is not fixed to the wall. Its in the eaves of my loft and not possible to get in there and make any mods either.

Any advice on how this can be handled please? I was thinking perhaps I could get a wider grill plate and screw that over the current fitting...

Thanks in advance.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. cross thread

cross thread

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can you put a mastic seal round it and support it till it goes off

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local