The CE mark, is it still required?

No, I don't sorry! I don't understand your argument and it looks like you don't understand mine, so I'll leave it at that; no offence intended or taken.
Oh I understand yours perfectly well.

You don't want foreigners to have as equal a chance of getting British jobs as native British people.

Because you are a racist.

And trust me - I find you pretty much as offensive as it is possible to be.

Sponsored Links
The silent majority has had over forty years putting up with the spoutings of people like you BAS - this is democracy at work and you will have to learn to live with it - it's the same system that we have lived under for the last forty years. It is not about racism ( though the BBC is doing its best to whip up racist sentiment and find any other negative reason as to why this change will not work). It is about the luvvies, the lefty spouting do-gooders, the Westminster village and the number of people arriving - it is simply not sustainable. You must be a cretin if you think that a small, already over-populated country can support this rate of population growth without serious risk of trouble. By and large, the British people get it right - and they have this time. You need to go away and do something useful, like volunteer to help your local community instead of trolling the net - you may feel a lot better for it.

Regards

Where I live in the extreme north west of the country we have two large factories which work in harmony with other factories in Europe making part for car and planes, (engines and wings) we know that these factories will likely close if we leave the EU. However the vote in Flintshire was to leave? But then you see how the vote on the Wirral in England across the boarder went that was to remain, so it would seem the English are coming into Wales to work taking advantage of the EU grants to increase jobs in Wales.

I think it is a case of "forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing" all we heard on the debate was immigration, and the immigrants from the EU are not a problem, it is the non EU immigrants which cause the problem and now we are losing the French UK policed boarder control that will increase not go down.

Leaving EU as much as I have joked will not mean the CE make goes and we can control our own destiny, what it means is we will have no say in the rule making but will still be required to obey all the rules in order to trade. The British press has steered the masses to do their bidding yet again.

making part for car and planes, (engines and wings) we know that these factories will likely close if we leave the EU.

Who has said it is likely these factories will close ?

You don't want foreigners to have as equal a chance of getting British jobs as native British people.

DOes it work the other way, can a UK resident move to another European country and get a job. In theory yes. In practise in some trades it is nigh on impossible for a UK person to obtain employment in Europe because the locals will not allow foreigners to take their jobs. The locals and the local factory owners just ignore the rules and the local authorities turn a blind eye to the illegal discrimination.

Sponsored Links
Because you are a racist.
62475872.jpg

The silent majority has had over forty years putting up with the spoutings of people like you BAS
People like me?

Do you mean those who object to narrow-minded, inward-looking, bigoted ignorance?

this is democracy at work and you will have to learn to live with it
I know I will have to live with it, but it is not democracy - at least, not the sort that has any decency, or claim to be based on understanding, knowledge and reason.

It is not about racism
Not only. It is also about a pathetic and stupidly self-harming idea that voting to leave is a sensible way to protest about cuts imposed by recent governments and the criminal greed of some financial organisations. A large number of the people who voted to leave are the ones who will suffer the most from the economic damage they have done.

It is about the luvvies, the lefty spouting do-gooders
And don't those words tell us exactly what kind of person you are.

I would ask you to explain what is wrong with doing good, or how there are no "lefty" Eurosceptics, but I know that you simply cannot articulate the mish-mash of prejudices, bigotry, mad belief in outrageous lies etc that make up your "opinions" in any intelligent or rational way.

the number of people arriving
The net number last year was 185,000.

it is simply not sustainable.
So that number is not sustainable, but an increase in domestic fertility would be?

Our total fertility rate is below the replacement rate. That leads to an increasing % of older people, who don't work, and are living longer. If our working age population falls, who is going to generate the economic activity, and provide the services etc, that we need in order to function?

You must be a cretin if you think that a small, already over-populated country can support this rate of population growth without serious risk of trouble.
If there is trouble it will have been fomented by racists like you.

The net difference in population due to EU migration is about 1.8M - less than 3% of the total population. And that's unsupportable? What will you do if the birth rate ticks up just a tiny amount? Start culling?

By and large, the British people get it right - and they have this time.
Have you thought about what you are going to do when it becomes abundantly clear that they have not? Who's next on your list of groups to blame?

What is 'good', exactly?
I suggest you ask those who think that doing it is to be criticised.

Incidentally, discrimination against e.g Germans for British jobs is, if anything, nationalism, not racism.
I agree that "race" is an imprecise term. But there is no difference between discriminating against someone because of where they were born and doing so because of their genetic makeup - it is still prejudice and bigotry.

But there is no difference between discriminating against someone because of where they were born and doing so because of their genetic makeup - it is still prejudice and bigotry.
First, it is not bigotry. Bigotry is intollerance toward people with different opinions. From reading this conversation it appears to me that you have been the more bigoted! But that's just sematics.
Although THRIPSTER described it rather indelicately, what he seems to be objecting to is the liberal movement that asserts that discrimination and prejudice of all kinds, no matter how trivial, are moral abhorences. This is a movement which has dominated political and media debate ever since New Labour, and given us the idea of the 'cultural melting pot' that has, to be fair, failed miserably. What they fail to see is that morality is not absolute, and is not the same for everyone. But so fanatical are they about their own perspective on morality that they would force it upon everyone at almost any cost -a peculiar kind of 'liberal authoritarianism'. Indeed, so obsessed are they with virtue signalling and showing how 'not racist' they are, they will mention it at every opportunity, labelleing anything and everything as racism (or sexism, Islammophobia etc). Unfortunately this only serves to legitimise and perpetuate the very social divisions and labels they claim to object to, and ostracise anyone with even a trivially contradictory opinion -which brings us back to bigotry! It is a peculiar trend that those who claim to be the most inclusive and tolerant are frequently the most intolerant to anyone who disagrees with them. We're seeing that now with the backlash against the referendum result -calls for a re-run, or to ignore the vote, insult slinging, project smear, even street protests! Apparently the irony of protesting a democratic vote in the name of liberalism and social justice is lost on them.

Last edited:
What the Brexiters, based on immigration, don't seem able to grasp is that this is the way of the world now.

Travel is easy and relatively cheap and communication instant. There are all nationalities everywhere.

It has long been the case that people born and brought up in the less prosperous parts of the UK finish their education and then have to move to find a good job - either to more prosperous parts of the UK or elsewhere in Europe and the rest of the world. It does not and cannot work the other way round.
The waves of migrants to the US is a prime example. There are not waves of migrants from the US (or UK) to Ireland or Poland. It does not work like that.
So, people grow up in, say, Cornwall; unless they want to work in tourism, to get a 'good' job they have to 'migrate' somewhere.

There are many Britons working abroad. Obviously they do not go to Romania to pick vegetables but engineers and the like go to wherever they are required. Auf wiedersehen, Pet.

People coming from Poland to find a better life are no different than people moving from Cornwall.

Also, of course, it is not the Government giving them jobs. It is British companies (British people) taking advantage and some even advertise in areas of Europe - why do you think they do that?

Around 1910 my Great-Grandfather 'migrated' thirty miles to find work (just farm work). He could not commute in those days.
I don't know if he encountered hostility from the indigenous Mid-Devonians because he came from the North and spoke differently.

The world has shrunk. Get over it.

With a massive generalisation, which Brexiters seem to like, which of these would you prefer to deport?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36643786
upload_2016-6-28_12-36-34.png

http://www.vnews.com/Intolerant-acts-surge-as-British-referendum-result-sinks-in-3112783
upload_2016-6-28_12-34-51.png

First, it is not bigotry. Bigotry is intollerance toward people with different opinions.
It's all a mix of spectra, and overlapping circles.

I will discriminate against him because he has a different genetic makeup to me.

I will discriminate against him because he believes in Islam.

I will discriminate against him because he is French.

I will discriminate against him because he is the wrong type of Christian.

Although THRIPSTER described it rather indelicately, what he seems to be objecting to is the liberal movement that asserts that discrimination and prejudice of all kinds, no matter how trivial, are moral abhorences.
They are.

It is a peculiar trend that those who claim to be the most inclusive and tolerant are frequently the most intolerant to anyone who disagrees with them.
I make no apologies for being intolerant of prejudice and ignorance.

We're seeing that now with the backlash against the referendum result -calls for a re-run
Nigel Farage promised over a month ago to fight for a re-run if the result was 52:48.

Apparently the irony of protesting a democratic vote in the name of liberalism and social justice is lost on them.
It was not a democratic vote, not if democracy is to mean anything useful, and is to be a sensible way to run a country.

I'm not sure how leaving democratically serves the 48% who voted to remain. Or leaving the EEA democratically serves the % of Leavers who say this isn't about immigration (which isn't true IMHO).

I do know that a bunch of unelected bureaucrats are now going to decide what the deal is (that is the british side of the team !!)

I also know that the country will be financially destroyed (as seen already by the markets) and the hardest hit will most likely be those who voted leave (for whatever reason). And, it's basically what they want, a small economy, a less trusting and free society controlled by westminster - congrats.

Most of all, I'm amazed this thread hasn't been locked

It was not a democratic vote,
I've seen several people say this, and I have yet to hear an explanation of why it was not democratic?
Perhaps if you'd read all of what I wrote, you might have found it easier to understand:

It was not a democratic vote, not if democracy is to mean anything useful, and is to be a sensible way to run a country.

When people vote for something because they are actually against something else which is not connected to what they are voting for, and what they think they are doing is protesting about the thing they are against, that is not a useful or sensible way to run a country.

I know the "I didn't vote leave because I'm a racist" brigade don't want to hear it, but a huge number of people who voted leave did. And there were definitely some who thought that leaving the EU would stop Muslims coming into the country.

There were leave voters who thought that the ECHR is an EU institution, so as they don't like the idea of human rights, they thought leaving the EU would be a good way to put a stop to them.

When people vote on the basis of ignorance, that is not a useful or sensible way to run a country. It's not democracy - it is mob rule.

And what were they voting for, anyway, even ostensibly?

In the Scottish independence referendum, the Leave side published a 600+ page document detailing exactly how everything would work for an independent Scotland.

What did the Leave side in the EU referendum have in the way of plans? All the vague promises and hints they made are now gone from their website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back