The diy shower install...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well trying to find a plumber round here is impossible, been promised to phone back, to come round and have a look and nothing, and the ones that do come round you see why they have free time.....

So time todo it myself! my plans for the install are not decided or fixed so I welcome your thoughts, what we do want is two power shower installs, they don't need to be the type of showers that remove skin just a nice flow of water.

The first shower is upstairs next to the airing cupboard and below the cold water tank(50gallon) the second is the other side of the house and downstairs.

My current thoughts (please correct if wrong) was to run a direct cold water feed to the airing cupboard and hot water feed and connect to a pump (probably a http://www.screwfix.com/prods/78641...ander-RSP75-Quiet-Twin-Operation-Pump-2-0-bar) and from there run two feeds, one to the upstairs shower (1m away) and one too the downstairs shower(>8m away) the two showers would rarely be used together but on rare occasions would be.
I would presume both feeds to the pump should be 22mm, the pipework from the pump 15mm? or 22mm?

Is it ok to do things like this?any areas that maybe awkward or I should be wary off? Is it possibly to use the plastic piping for it? had that in my last place for the central heating system (would obviously use copper pipes where it goes through walls to feed the mixers)

any and all help appreciated, Please understand that I have done a fair bit of my own DIY before ands have installed a couple of bathrooms before inc showers but they were on combi boiler setups and so much simpler so I would appreciate your help especially if I have got completely the wrong end of the stick![/url]

Sponsored Links
Use A Flange for the HW supply to the pump, and take the CW from the loft cistern. They should be 22mm.
Output side, it doesn't make much difference whether you use 15 or 22mm. Going 8m, and not needing the ultimate megashower, I'd use 15mm plastic, because it's so much easier

exellent, thanks for that, looks like im on the right track then :)
8m not too far for the shower to be from the pump? would rather keep to the one pump but if it really needs two then it can be changed too two.
I presume the pressure with pumps is not a problem for the pushfit fitting the plastic pipes use is it?

again thanks for the input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back