In my bedroom fast asleep!
Then, I saw Mummy tickle Santa Claus,
Underneath his beard so snowy white.
Oh, what a laugh it would have been,
If Daddy had only seen,
Mummy kissing Santa Claus last night!

Sponsored Links
I'm quite fed up of Xmas already and it hasn't even started! :LOL:

Got all the prezzies and boose in and putting the tree up the weekend so bring it on.

Incidentally I am going to a Health Trainers class and the trainer says that on average people put on around 5 lbs over Xmas.

Go easy. :D

Incidentally I am going to a Health Trainers class and the trainer says that on average people put on around 5 lbs over Xmas.

And forgot to mention that the Health Trainers class are guaranteed to lose £35 the moment they sign up for it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
bloody part timers.. :) ;)
23 more working days for me.. unless they let me have sundays off seeing as it's nearly christmas ( and that's only until christmas eve.. might want us in day after boxing day yet.. )

Does XMas day actually refer to anything? It's supposidly a religious day, but not really?

You always exchange gifts, but the ones you receive, are worse than the ones received?

Then you have a hearty meal, at a loved ones residence, but it always turns to argument, and frustration. So WHY BOTHER? And due to the calories, everyone falls asleep early on, before the arguments, as you have mixed Baileys, with Brandy.

Does XMas day actually refer to anything? It's supposidly a religious day, but not really?

You always exchange gifts, but the ones you receive, are worse than the ones received?
Then you have a hearty meal, at a loved ones residence, but it always turns to argument, and frustration. So WHY BOTHER? And due to the calories, everyone falls asleep early on, before the arguments, as you have mixed Baileys, with Brandy.

I think you've already been mixing your brew, by the sound of it. 3.06 am, is this you staying up late or getting up early?

I think you've already been mixing your brew, by the sound of it. 3.06 am, is this you staying up late or getting up early?

Most of us have got used to MM's life style and .............
.....Your answers please.

I must own to have always enjoyed the build up to the climax of Christmas day.
As a child at school (catholic), when it was easier to believe in the meaning of the occasion, I was part of the church choir and was always heady with anticipation when we started to sing carols.

As a young teenager, still in the choir, but belief seriously waning,it offered excellent opportunities to come into contact with and occasionally kiss girls

As an older teenager, belief all but gone, the festive season was just that. A prolonged excuse to feast and learn all there is to know about alcohol. Which for some peculiar reason made it easier to come into contact with and be more intimate with girls. One of whom I stuck to and married.

As a young father of three, non believer, kids not christened, experiencing the excitement and anticipation in my children, in the build up and climax to a great family day.

Now a grandad to three, pure cynic, really looking forward to my immediate family all being here at Xmas. My daughter and husband and two grandsons. My eldest son, his partner and another grandson will travel up from their home in Norfolk. Also a son (aged 30) still at home and my wife of 42 years. 10 of us round the table on the day absolutely brilliant

Even though, to me, the day has long lost its original meaning,its purpose for us is a great family get together. To witness the near hysterical excitement in the children, have a feast and a little wine (nothing bacchanalian) and exchange anecdotes and witticisms, whilst having complex arguments with the grandsons (ages 11,6 and3)on why I should have control of the train set.

So the build up to that climactic day has never really lost its magic for me. Its just that the magic has a different source. Long may it continue.

Just thought it was a question because it had a thingy (?) on the end.

Fact....The early morning activity is usually MM and without it where would we be? :)

Perhaps not quite as confused as we are now. :eek:
My answer to your question ('cos it had a thingy on the end). ;)

Sponsored Links
Back