The ****** from Harriet Harman continues

• Thread starter Lincsbodger
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
If they can get out of the kitchen, their chain is too long ;)

Does she not yet realise her husband's selection for an ultra safe labour seat stunk of hypocrisy? I bet she didn't raise any objections to him being selected?
This woman is a sheer hypocrite. She's the laughing stock of the country. Bloody glad they didn't get in at the election.
I'd like the Parliamentary Committee for Expenses to keep a good check on her and her husband's expenses forms when they go in.
I bet they'll be claiming twice for everything.
Best thing the Labour party can do is get rid of her.

Half the population are women so what's the problem?

Sponsored Links

Proportional representation?

So, 84% of the cabinet need to be English, 5% Welsh, 8% Scottish and 3% from Northern Ireland. Oh! and as one in five of the population of the UK is a child under 16, one-in-five of the cabinet should be children under the age of 16. :rolleyes:

You are just being silly talking about children in parliament.

Why do you hate women?

Equality works both ways and there's nothing equal or fair about any type of discrimination. Anyone who gets a job as a result of discrimination based upon gender must ask themselves whether they really deserve the job, or are they just there to make up the numbers.

By the same arguments you could insist that 50% of all combat troops, trawlermen, firefighters, bricklayers, or whatever, should be required to be women. The facts are that many jobs appeal to one gender more than the other, and that the genders differ markedly in how they prioritise their work life over - for example - staying at home and providing child-care. The Office of National Statistics says that nearly 70% of women with dependent children don't work full-time in any capacity. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7638056.stm

To insist on 50% women in a particular job means that half of the opportunities in that field must go to women who a) want to work at all, and b) want to work in that particular field and are prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to do it properly. So, 50% of the opportunities must then be forced to go to AT MOST 15% of the population.

The only biggest problem with Harman's plan is, if the economy ever went into reverse, with women in charge it would plummet out of control.
We all know women are no good at anything in reverse. ;) ;) ;)
TIC before anyone comments. ;) ;)
But seriously.. As the OP points out,,, What's wrong with the best person on merit? If it happens to be a woman then That's great. If it happens to be a man, under Harman's suggestion, he wouldn't get the position. Sexist in the extreme so she is.
I'm all for equal rights, but only as long as we are all treated equally. Positive discrimination has no place in any society which practises so called equality.

Hear Hear Pete. For women to be truly equal, there should be 50% mix of the sexes in jobs like you say. But their isn't and why not?.
Physical strength for starters. Mental attitude?, Skills ?

One could possibly argue that given the proper training, women could do as good a job as any man, but there are and always will be limitations.
Take sport as an example,, With Wimbledon coming up,, Why do the women only play 3 sets in the final, yet the men have to play 5 sets??
That's surely not equal at all?

I find her quite sexy for an older woman! :oops:

I think shes a dreadful harridan and wouly gladly beat her to a pulp. She invented the 'Equalities Bill', which, like most laws introduced by labour, the law does the exact opposite of the title, and is the most pernicious bit of state bigotry against men ever written.

Some excellent points here.

Also check out harrietharmensucks.com (if its still up)

She's seems determined to make a fool of herself in public, using some strange Orwellian version of equality. Its easy to have a go at her.... so carry on!

Confusing equal outcome with equal opportunity is not something someone in her position should do, but she does it with such regularity, she clearly has some hatred for men.

Apologies if its gone. I don't really want to check at work ;)

More from the article though:
Geraldine Smith, a former Labour MP, added:

".....'If our MPs are so much more enlightened than other parties, then they should be voting for women anyway.'"

And Ed Miliband supports Harman's proposal!

Let's just count those that will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Sponsored Links
Back