The Guy At Number Three.....

Sponsored Links
When the van's gone, make sure the neighbours see you dragging a heavy, rolled up carpet and a shovel into the boot of your car.

Around dusk, perhaps.

And make sure you look suitably 'shifty'..

'For the greater good...' :LOL: :LOL:

Ah, so Glasshopper....man like trunk of tree can be blown dlown and stluck by rightning.......man like reed bend with wind......man with wind bend like reed :eek:

Sponsored Links
Bolo, have you ever thought that you could be the neighbour from hell, what with the ex neighbour and his cats, and now the van incident, I'll bet you are not the most popular person on the street.
Your real name wouldn't be Victor Meldrew by any chance would it. ;)

Bolo, have you ever thought that you could be the neighbour from hell, what with the ex neighbour and his cats, and now the van incident, I'll bet you are not the most popular person on the street.

A couple of problems in 14 years isn't bad and they both happened within days of each other. Incidently, the problem of the parked van was raised, not by me but by a few of the other neighbours when we went out for a pint last week. More than that, they have decided to bear the total cost of the van purchase and insurance between them. Normally, I may well be the neighbour from hell but not at the moment.

I must admit that of all the replies that I got to this post, this is the one that really got me worried. So worried in fact that, seeing the light on at my friends house, late last night, I gave him a ring and invited him over for a dram. Even though he knew the whole story already, I let him read through the posts from start to finish and in particular, the one quoted, which I admitted had got me really worried. He tried to reassure me and said that the very opposite was true. He pointed out that of 23 neighbours in the street, 5, although not actually involved the action taken had, nevertheless agreed to share my costs. And 2 others had since spoken of the delight driving into our new vanless street. I felt a bit better when he left but still had a very restless night.

This morning I am literally in tears. I woke up to find 5 Xmas cards and 4 notes all thanking me for what I had achieved. I am not, repeat not the neighbour from hell. I have no doubt that my friend had conveyed my worries to them.

Just to round this whole thing off, I asked Edward Currant, who claimed to be the guy at number three, what was the last thing he said as I drove off yesterday morning. He said, "I'm glad that you live at number 19 and not number 5 (his first port of call), because if you had lived there, then I would probably be in jail and you would be in hospital" In future, I will look before I leap!

Neighbour from hell? What nonsense. I've just been given a bottle of the hard stuff from those at 2 and 4, and right in front of her husband, a kiss from the gorgeous lady at number 8. Clearly giving me a kiss in front of him is just to allay his fears - I know she's after my body.

PS Pat, if you read this, the last sentence is just a joke, OK?

Bolo, I did not intend to cause offence and apologise profusely if I did
Clearly you are not the neighbour from hell, as if you were, you would not have lost any sleep over my remarks.
I shall try and look before I leap in future.

Bolo, I did not intend to cause offence and apologise profusely if I did
Clearly you are not the neighbour from hell, as if you were, you would not have lost any sleep over my remarks.
I shall try and look before I leap in future.

Absolutely no offence taken and the proverb was directed at myself and not you

:)

Sponsored Links
Back