The Guy At Number Three.....

so the poor guy has just left his van taxed and insured outside his house, granted it may be a slight inconvienience to a cpl of people, but he is actually doing nothing wrong at all, how do you know its not been moved in the day on the odd occasion? have you got a neighbourhood "van watch" just to check it hasnt, and as for parking your van in the spot where it is, surely then you become the problem that your complaining about in the first place?

I see where you're coming from jefoss and you are correct in saying that we do not know if the van has been moved on the odd occasion.
You are also correct when you say that in parking the transit where his van was, we are creating the same problem. The difference is that he now has the problem too.

He hasn't been to my door yet but he has been calling on other neighbours with steam coming out of his ears.

The daftest thing of all in this fiasco is that he has not parked his van in the unused layby - he has parked it in his drive!

I don't know how much large vans cost new, but why would anyone buy a completely new vehicle, as it was then, and never use it? I know it's none of my business but I'm just curious.

PS Must admit that I'm a bit apprehensive.

Sponsored Links
You being a learned teacher, you should have known better.

Now if he does find out it is you and is as mad as you say you may be subjected to a good old fashion ass kicking

if he does find out it is you

He will because I have no intention of denying it. If and when he comes to my door, I'll just put my specks on and trust that he is a man of principle. Incidently, after a lifetime in teaching, I have been able to, on the odd occasion, convince some people of the error of their ways. Hopefully he won't do the same to me. Time will tell.

Sponsored Links
The man at number three is a very nice man. He didn't beat me up. The man at number 19 is a devious old crow. He saw the man from number three going round the doors without a jacket and knew that he must have been really cold. So, when he came to the door, he was ushered in out of the cold into a very warm house, introduced to Master bolo, Miss Bolo and Mrs Bolo who had the kettle boiling. Or would he rather have a dram? He chose the the latter. No steam coming from his ears, not even simmering - and rightly so. How could this nice old man at number nineteen, know anything about what had been happening with the vans ?

I explained that I knew why he had called, but before we started to talk about it I just had to know why he had bought a new van and left it parked outside his house losing thousands in depreciation in the process. It isn't his van and he doesn't drive! A friends son had bought the van but almost immediately had been offered a contract in Singapore for three years. The man at number three offered to let the guy park his van outside his house (on our street) for a week. However, the day after he parked the van, his next-door neighbour at number five read the riot act over the parking, called in the police resulting in the guy at number three saying to the van owner that he could leave it parked there as long as he wanted to.

The guy at number five is one of the six who have agreed to share the costs of buying and insuring my newly purchased van, but has never mentioned that he was as least partly, if not wholly responsible, for the long-term parking.

To cut a very long story short, I have agreed to drive the van to his friends house tomorrow and my van will be back at auction next week. I am truly sorry for those that were looking forward to my being beaten up, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. But don't lose hope because there is this guy at number nine who isn't really a friendly neighbour. Now here's the plan.................................................................

PS Only joking, the guy at number nine is a very great friend.

PPS I did tell him that the idea was mine, that the van was mine and that others (no names) were involved. He couldn't believe that I would be so devious.

How could you possibly when, in retrospect, I can't believe that I could be so devious?

Tomorrow John, when I drive his van away and therefore the problem, I'm not going to say a word to anyone. I can't help wondering what the reactions will be.

so if you had gone and knocked on his door yourself in the first place all this could have been sorted instantly? :confused:

what a palaver
That`s irony..........Wear a Balaclava......what a palaver....It means no more than wordplay ...like 4play but on one`s own :eek: just call me the riddler ( amongst other expletives :rolleyes: ) :LOL:

so if you had gone and knocked on his door yourself in the first place all this could have been sorted instantly? :confused:

That ha already been tried by 2 people. However, after the stupid approach by number 5, the parker just dug his heels in. Anyway, vans gone, problem solved.

This post has been more exciting than 'Stenders' :LOL:

I am glad that the matter has been resolved peacefully, and that all is sorted in the 'Street'.

However, what are you planning to do about the guy at No19.?? Tie him up and leave him in the van at auction? :LOL: :LOL:
Well done Bolo, it's not the size of the man in the fight, its the size of the fight in the man.

Regards

Ed

Sponsored Links
Back