How Neighbor /Parking Disagreements Can Get Seriously Out Of Hand

Reaction score
Country
Palau
Years ago friends of my of my siblings that lived in a street with no OSP often argued about parking as they and others had more than one vehicle. Then one day as they sat inside the people they had a dispute with kicked in the door and beat them up.

Years ago we had people park partially across our drive in a busy road where only half the houses had OSP. We had a white line drawn in the road via council and it worked 98% of the time after that if someone did encroach part of the drive, we'd just squeeze in and out but did report someone to the police who ticketed the car and gave them a ticking off having blocked our car in the drive this was years ago in a previous property of ours.

It's a scary world we live in.

So sad what happened.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ow-neighbours-knife-massacre-caught-CCTV.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ow-neighbours-knife-massacre-caught-CCTV.html

Sponsored Links
What scares me more is the fact that all of this was predicted by the victims & other neighbours of this severely mentally unstable man.

Don't let an argument over parking cloud your judgement, this man should have been in a secure hospital a long time before this tragedy ever happened.

People get SO territorial over parking when 9/10 they have no more/less rights than those around them.

I remember close to 30 years ago me and mum moved into a new house. Whilst some had their own drives, the majority was on-street parking. When we first moved in, many of the neighbours were elderly and didn't have cars. For the first 2-3 years parking on the street was a breeze regardless of time of day due to lack of car ownership, although this quite rapidly changed when the old folk started to be replaced by younger neighbours. By the time I moved out, parking was often a nightmare.

However back to when we first moved in. I recall times pulling up to our house with NO cars around. Doddle. But then one of the neighbours would come back (elderly chap who we generally got on with) and was obviously miffed that I'd encroached onto his 'part' of the (public) street i.e. the part in line with his house. So he'd park up, then edge forward until his bumper was literally 4-5 cms from mine. I used to chuckle to myself as you'd see these 2 cars parked VERY closely together with no other cars behind either of them :)

The old boy was evidently making a point. These are the sort of things that can quite easily escalate ...

Yes, I'm sure the police will be looked into, happens often.

I recall a few years back going to a client's home, lots of space on the road so I parked several doors from the client's home as i often did. A nold lady came out as I checked the car was parked very close to the kerb etc and signs/etc and the woman said "You can't park there" I looked around for a moment thinking I missed a dropped kerb/sign etc but nothing so I asked her why. She said "my son parks here" - I thought you @@@@ - as car was new and even if it was not, I politley told her I can park there as I've paid close to 500 pounds in road tax, and car is road legal but I will park it somewhere else - so I moved the car two doors away from hers. I thought what a clown.

A workmate/lady parked her car on another raod about a year after my experience and as she had parked right close to their dropped kerb when she returned from the client's house she found her car blocked in front and back though she was parked legally - the clan was out read to mock her she told them she had done nothing wrong and thy made her cry and she had to call the cops but before cops arrived they moved their bangers - both her and my expeienece was on a housing estate but it happens in most roads.

I never block anyones drive etc as I don't want mine blocked and it is not right but so many people think they own the road and at times things get very nasty and worse.

Sponsored Links
Bloke is guilty as hell

go through with some legal caper than dispatch the fruit cake and good riddance to bad rubbish

When we lived in Stratford years ago, some bloke that worked in a factory nearby always parked outside our house and my dad couldn't park there. One night my dad asked him if he would mind parking somewhere else. He said "I pay my road tax so I park where I like". The next night my dad parked about 10mm from his front bumper and got his mate to park 10mm from his back bumper. Both cars had tow bars and they were facing his car. When the bloke came out of work he couldn't get his car out so he knocked on our door and asked my dad to move his car to let him out. My dad said "I pay my road tax so I park where I like. **** off" and he slammed the front door on him. The bloke had to walk home and the car was there all night. He never parked there again.

The link below and the highway code confirm this.
As per my previous post if some lown told me not to park there even though I could legally I'd move the car. Having said that some won't as I recall
telling a relative at a wedding as we were talking about clowns what the biddy had said to be. He told me wht happened when he parked when he went to a friends party and a man and woman came out told him not to park there as they were expecting visitors. He told them he could park there but would move the car if there was another space on the road close by to the party address but there was not so sorry, he could not move. Then the clown/bloke made a snide comments under its breath "dont be surprised ..tyres slashed." The relative mine a fearless young man, too fearless for my liking told them quietly "If I caome back a find even a little mark on my car I'll kick your dooor in and beat the **** out of you" or something like that. Guess what, he went back that night car looked good and then checked it in daylight all was good. Some people like me cave into bullies and others do not.

As I said previously, I'd move the car as it's not worth the worry/consequences of soiling your hands. However, others like our relative see it differently. I'm sure our relative who is fearless that's his nickname may of thought differently if a bigger blokes/s there but having said that once he gets going there is no stopping him and he has been to court at least once for his anger/actions. Therefore, for me and my immdeidate family, give into the clowns or call the cops.

It is perfectly legal to park outside someone's house - unless there are additional restrictions such as double yellow lines - as long as you aren't blocking the entrance to the property, and none of your wheels are over a dropped kerb.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/highway-code-rules-rights-someone-23235089

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/highway-code-rules-rights-someone-23235089

It is perfectly legal to park outside someone's house - unless there are additional restrictions such as double yellow lines - as long as you aren't blocking the entrance to the property, and none of your wheels are over a dropped kerb.

Of course it is. Who in their right mind would think any differently, and that's a fact!

When I moved to the housing estate a neighbours mother would come once a week and 'abandon park'* her car in what was the turning area for my neighbour and my joint drive.
Eventually I caught her and asked her to park differently explaining I didn't wish to damage her car or mine when trying to get onto or off my drive and with the way she parked (abandoned) her car I had real difficulty. She wasn't happy, her son - who lived 5 houses away even less happy but his wife came up, saw the reason for my request and soothed things over. Afterwards 5 of the neighbours came and thanked me for sorting out an annoying problem - apparently most people in the road where scared of offending the son.

*A good 3 to 4 foot off the kerb - people further down the road had to drive over the neighbours front lawn to get to their drives.

When I moved to the housing estate a neighbours mother would come once a week and 'abandon park'* her car in what was the turning area for my neighbour and my joint drive.
Eventually I caught her and asked her to park differently explaining I didn't wish to damage her car or mine when trying to get onto or off my drive and with the way she parked (abandoned) her car I had real difficulty. She wasn't happy, her son - who lived 5 houses away even less happy but his wife came up, saw the reason for my request and soothed things over. Afterwards 5 of the neighbours came and thanked me for sorting out an annoying problem - apparently most people in the road where scared of offending the son.

*A good 3 to 4 foot off the kerb - people further down the road had to drive over the neighbours front lawn to get to their drives.

Credit to you but I know you realise why others may have been fearful. People like that often don't forget. Those that park like that are often bottom of the pile stuff. You was lucky they did not trash your car, give you daily dirty looks, or sent the hoodies around. Some may say I'd beat the crap out of them etc but often these parasites have nothing to lose and will make a working mans and his family's life a misery. Cops hands are often tied and its you against them

If I'm told not to park my car in front of someone's property, rented place even though I am well within my rights I will move the car as I cant afford to get soiled tangling with mess.

Via work mostly but when out as a private citizen I've met many unreasonable inbreds that are ready to fight, swear, shot abuse and would not think twice about attacking you or using a weapon. Often these people do meet someone a bit nastier than them often its an ex-friend or family, lol.

Some are so strong possibly by not having to worry about every doing an honest days work, eating, drinking, holidays, paying for naff all, taking drink/drugs, beating up people that at times it takes severs; cops to hold the inbreds down.

Best call the cops if real trouble but best advice avoid at all costs. However, your situation I see where you are coming from and you was lucky.

In my previous house my neighbour went to great lengths to always park outside his house. Even when I had building work going on and a skip on my drive, he parked his car outside his house when he went on holiday for 2 weeks, leaving his drive empty. He was forever moving his and his wife's car around to ensure one was always on the road outside his house. He was a very sad man. But his friends would also routinely block our drive several times a week. He was a complete w@nker. One of my friends returned the favour once, without warning me, and I wondered out loud "who is beeping in the street?" and mate said, "oh, yeah, I blocked your neighbours drive seeing that nobody was parked on it". The drives were long enough to park 3 cars.

"A friend" got so p'd off with an inconsiderate family with about 5 cars, who managed to take up 2 spaces every time they parked, that he put a firework through their letter box bearing a suitable stream of invective followed by "I have more of these, the next one will be lit". Police were called and the race card played, but there were several homeowners it could have come from so nothing ended up being done - except much more civilised parking by the offenders. The kids moved away over a couple of years so it went quiet. Ish.

The kids moved away over a couple of years so it went quiet.

Yeah, that is another reason we moved. Parking was already a problem on the 15 year old estate, and many people, including us, had young teenage kids by then, and is was hard to see how anybody would manage an additional car, let alone a couple. Whenever I drive by now it looks a nightmare as there is no always a van parked next door too.

I came home one day and someone had parked on my drive, the police towed it away. Regardless it was my girlfriend's
car, she had no right to park there

In my previous house my neighbour went to great lengths to always park outside his house. Even when I had building work going on and a skip on my drive, he parked his car outside his house when he went on holiday for 2 weeks, leaving his drive empty. He was forever moving his and his wife's car around to ensure one was always on the road outside his house. He was a very sad man. But his friends would also routinely block our drive several times a week. He was a complete w@nker. One of my friends returned the favour once, without warning me, and I wondered out loud "who is beeping in the street?" and mate said, "oh, yeah, I blocked your neighbours drive seeing that nobody was parked on it". The drives were long enough to park 3 cars.

The police can act and ticket the offending vehicle for blocking in the car on the drive, fact.

If a clown blocks your drive and your car is not on it, police rarely help but depending on how good your local authority is they may send out a CEO to ticket the clown blocking your drive, thanks

Playing silly beggers IE blocking their drive just because they/friend blocked yours may result in scenarios as per OP.

Fact, two wrongs never make a right, call the cops, CEO but try to have a polite word first.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Back