the hot water tap in my house has lost its pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Since last night all of a sudden the hot water flow from my kitchen and bathroom taps has become very slow.

Does anyone know why this would happen all of a sudden?

What can I check, has something gone wrong?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Syed

Sponsored Links
probably the ball valve is sticking in the cold feed tank.

before it stopped running fast did anyone fill a bath & did it start to splutter after a while or even stop. if it happened without anything else it might be a blockage in the cold water storage cistern above the cylinder. iv been to the same fault & have found dead mice stuck in the feed outlet of the tank. once found a bat .

Sponsored Links
Hi,
thanks for the responses. I am not very technical with these things, so here goes:

I do not have a combi boiler in my flat, i have to turn on the hot water switch in advance to get hot water. Upstairs I have a big water tank that is covered by a sponge material and above that I have the cold water tank.

Far as I know there was nothing unusual whoch happened before the loss of pressure.

Hope this helps

Syed

the tank with the spongy stuff is a hot water cylinder. above it is the cold water Feed & expansion tank. The pipe that comes out off the bottom of the tank takes water to the bottom of the cylinder. Have a look in the top tank to see if u can see a blockage where the bottom pipe comes out of the tank. u may need steps & a torch.

the tank with the spongy stuff is a hot water cylinder. above it is the cold water Feed & expansion tank. The pipe that comes out off the bottom of the tank takes water to the bottom of the cylinder. Have a look in the top tank to see if u can see a blockage where the bottom pipe comes out of the tank. u may need steps & a torch.

Thanks for the response bab. I had a quick look but was not able to see much . I will try again tommorow day time. The pipe is behind the tank and i cannot seem to see the face of the pipe.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the bath sink has one of them noisy motors on so we could have enough pressure for a shower, does anyone know if this will have anything to do with it. The pressure is still the same for the shower and therefore I dont think the problem is there.

thanks

Syed

Thanks for the response bab. I had a quick look but was not able to see much . I will try again tommorow day time. The pipe is behind the tank and i cannot seem to see the face of the pipe.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the bath sink has one of them noisy motors on so we could have enough pressure for a shower, does anyone know if this will have anything to do with it. The pressure is still the same for the shower and therefore I dont think the problem is there.

thanks

Syed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back