"The law has no right --

Does anybody 'own' marriage?

• The (Christian) church does and it writes the rules.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other religions have an equal claim.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The state does and the rules are law.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Nobody does. Nobody should.

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
-- to legalise same-sex marriage."

So says the Archbishop of Canterbury. Well that's a good one! Since when was the C of E above the law? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Listen up Dr Rowan, I'm not anti-Christian but you and your church have no more right to tell our elected politicians what they can do then you had to try and control human sexuality in the first place. :evil: :evil: :evil: You don't 'own' marriage. In fact I seriously doubt that you even invented the idea. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moreover, yours is not the only religion in town - and that reminds me: The silence from other religious institutions has been deafening. :confused: :confused: :confused: But maybe I shouldn't be surprized. I expect that they're all happy to let the C of E lead this slanging match against what they perceive to be a common enemy.

My understanding is that religious institutions will not be forced to conduct ceremonies that go against their beliefs. These proposed same-sex marriages will be registry office jobs so what's your problem? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You really don't have a leg to stand on.

Sponsored Links
If he stood on one leg he's look just like Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull). :mrgreen:

If you go to a gay marriage, never, ever ask to see the mans ring

If you go to a gay marriage, never, ever ask to see the mans ring

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But joking aside, the whole ring business raises a few questions. Will two matching ones be required? :?: :?: :?:

Now that the requirement for women to obey has been dropped, I think most of the stuff in a Christian heterosexual marriage is pretty symmetric these days but then we come to the line, "Who gives this woman?" Will there be two fathers-of-the-brides - or, for that matter, two mothers-of-the-grooms - effectively doing a swap? :confused: :confused: :confused: I can certainly foresee two brides' mothers hell-bent on outdoing each other in the dress department. :evil: :evil: :evil: Handbags at dawn anybody?

Sponsored Links
Gay relationships are against the norm though. They are by definition a "Sterile" relationship. Given that 2 women or 2 men can't ever conceive by having sex with their respective partners.
Still, in this PC world we live in, they'll be given every opportunity to either adopt or be afforded every medical help possible (just as long as they aren't committed Christians) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Gay relationships are against the norm though.
If you watch the soap operas you wouldn't get that impression.
(I know, sometimes you just can't get out of it :evil: )

I pity the children that grow up with two parents of the same sex.
No I,m not homophobic just realistic.

Why? Surely better than a home.

Its not natural for same sex to have children.
By all means if they want get married but they should not be allowed to foster.
Nor as that recent woman/man...........wanted to be a man and have a child.
How sick is that?

Oh yeah even sicker that child deciding he was a girl at 5 yrs or something, the parents dressing him up as a girl and the school assisting.

Liberal thinking gone fooking mad.

This country really is fooked.

Why? Surely better than a home.

I think other children will find the fact that lil Jimmy's "Mum" is a man, far more worthy of a good mocking than if he lives in a "home". That would be my concern.

marriage is a legal contract. seemingly with the woman's right to break it and walk away with everything, regardless of how much, if anything, she added to the pot.

mitch66 said:
I pity the children that grow up with two parents of the same sex.

Agreed. Sex education begins pretty much at birth. It doesn't take a baby long to notice that its parents are different. They sound different, smell different and feel different - and of course only one has the milk. :) :) :) Then, at some age (not sure when exactly but certainly less than three), they figure out their own gender. It's also our experience that they quickly develop a preference for the opposite sex parent.

New parents take note; your baby's adult sexuality is developing RIGHT NOW. :eek: :eek: :eek: Girls who lack contact with their fathers will have problems responding to men later on and the reverse is surely also true, though very few boys grow up without a mother.

I guess two same sex parents are better than just one (of either sex), and maybe also better than a group of carers in an orphanage, but it's not an arrangement we should actively encourage. Joinerjohn is right; nature did not intend homosexuals to reproduce. :( :( :(

Our country has been build on Christian values, this is a christain country....

Sponsored Links
Back