the price is right

hi helpers again, ive had the first quote which seems to be very reasonable... £2,418

1.. a new wall hung high efficiency boiler ( sedbuk band A ) glow worm flexicom 15Hx 5 years warranty
2.. flue kit
3.. pipework as necessary
4.. a new energy savings control pack providing fully ind time/temp control heating/hot water
5... a new circ pump/valves
6.. new auto by pass valve
7... wireless room stat
8.. install boiler pipework etc
9.. chemical cleanse powerflush
add system inhibitor
10.. electrical works

I could also have otional extras, do you think its worth having a magnaclean magnetite remover cost £100

also do you think the boiler they quoted is a good un' ?
or they have quoted for an extra £110 for a worcester bosch greenstar 15Ri 7 years warranty

I dont know why i need a new circ pump and valves but apart from that what do you think/advise

cheers PM

Sponsored Links
If its properly cleaned then you dont need a Magnaclean!

I think my quote if you were local would have been a bit under £2000, but its still reasonable.

But the price is less important than the quality of the work and particularly the cleansing.

Tony

There are plenty of people near you.

Whilst I dont like it, they often come to work in London, but I dont think its a fair thing to do!

Sponsored Links
well im now waiting for the second quote,

the second guy quoted what the first one did apart from saying he wouldnt do a power flush as such because i have microbore pipes downstairs and maybe a problem with blockage under floorboards etc
he said he would do a cleanse flush, personaly i dont care as long as the water is clear.
so is the second guy cutting corners or will it be the same outcome when job is finished cheers P M

PS the second guy said he would fit a magnaclean and would change the circ pump if necessary after testing it

Hello,

Personally I think that quote is a tad expensive. Assuming it is as straight forward as it appears if we were quoting that installation in Edinburgh we would install a Worcester Greenstar 15kW boiler c/w valves, new pump, controls etc for around £1700-£1900.

I think £2,400 is just a little expensive but it may just be that you are in an expensive area.

well im now waiting for the second quote,

the second guy quoted what the first one did apart from saying he wouldnt do a power flush as such because i have microbore pipes downstairs and maybe a problem with blockage under floorboards etc
he said he would do a cleanse flush, personaly i dont care as long as the water is clear.
so is the second guy cutting corners or will it be the same outcome when job is finished cheers P M

PS the second guy said he would fit a magnaclean and would change the circ pump if necessary after testing it

Powerflushing won't cause a blockage. But his point stands as flushing micro bore on manifolds doesn't really work.
I would expect a new pump to be fitted at the time of replacing a boiler anyway.

You would get quotes a bit lower than that in SW London too. A major unknown/variable is the flush/cleanse. Some would more-or-less check it and do very little if it's not too bad, others would spend all day.

How anyone can say its cheap or expensive without actually looking at the job is beyond me, perhaps it's all done by telepathy.

Exactly , there are all types of variables , including u are to busy , or do not like the job / custumer so put in a dear price ect ect

had one bloke who had a installers going into his flat at 15 min intervals as I turned up another fella was leaving & as I left another was waiting to go in 24 KW combi change our price was £3800 plus vat & that was for a Biasi :) for some reason we did not get the job ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back