The Royals.

Commitment to Queen and Country is what they sign up for. (not that I can see that their current deployments are beneficial to either Queen or country)
So point taken that the forces would certainly be biased in this area, and a lot of guys on ARRSE are older ex-servicemen, who are much more likely to be blue blooded patriots than the young men who are currently serving in the ****e overseas.

I'm sure they wouldn't lose a second of (precious) patriotic sleep over the Queen taking a pay cut were they afforded a few more choppers.

Sponsored Links
I'm not against the royal family per se, but seeing as they got there by being the best thugs of the lot.....

What I am against is the extended "aristocracy" in this country, a breed that own some ridiculous percentage of all of the land, ok, they maybe potless a lot of them, but hey ho, "sell" your pile to the NT, live there, and reap the benefits from the 10,000 acres of land that you own.

I'd rather see the royal family in a role similar to Norway and Sweden's royal family (i.e get rid of 90% of all the pomp and b0llocks, most of "their" property most of the hangers on), and get rid of all the the deadbeat scroungers, and n'ere do well aristo's.

Sponsored Links
i would feel happier giving the royals millions who bring revenue back into the country

I'd be interested to see where you get your figures from? I don't mean that in a snide way, I'd just be genuinely interested.

Back