The Royals.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't it time that public money was no-longer offered to these parasites?

The taxpayer footed a £40,000,000 bill for them this year yet the Queen is one of the World's richest women.

"Royal spending over the past 12 months included the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall taking a £275,000 cruise around the Caribbean and the Queen paying £300,000 for double-glazing and new sash windows at Windsor Castle. The bill for hosting Buckingham Palace garden parties alone was £700,000."

Let them claim Income Support when they run out of funds. Until that time - PAY YOUR OWN WAY.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...40m-bill-to-fund-royals-last-year-856071.html

Sponsored Links
Leave em alone. They are worth every penny that they bring in to this country - many more millions than it cost the taxpayer to fund them.

i would feel happier giving the royals millions who bring revenue back into the country rather than providing billions for scroungers and criminals that don't.

Sponsored Links
i would feel happier giving the royals millions who bring revenue back into the country rather than providing billions for scroungers and criminals that don't.

i totally agree with this statement noseall.

my opinion is they are "our" Royal Family and we should support them forever, as already said much better value than all that is spent on the scroungers and deadbeats, i dread the day we might become a republic
GSTQ

my opinion is they are "our" Royal Family and we should support them forever, as already said much better value than all that is spent on the scroungers and deadbeats, i dread the day we might become a republic
GSTQ

But do they need the money? They've got enough of their own without dipping into the public purse. They are more inbred than any other family in the UK. You only have to look at Charles to see that.

Perhaps the queen could take up pole dancing to supplement her income?

Well they are not our royal family, they belong to Germany which is maybe why they supported them in the war, they don't need anything like that sort of money and if we are going to keep them they should be paid a wage like you or me. why are you all so subservient? your just as good as any of them maybe better! the whole monarchy thing is so undignified, I say get rid.

Cheap as chips - I'm more gipped about the amount we pay to the complete wasters that draw benefits, or that bunch of knobs in Westminster.

It's 66p for every man woman and child. How many children do you know that pay tax? and how many of the men and women pay tax? I suspect it's a lot more than 66p for every real taxpayer.

In any case it's not the pennies per person that it costs, but the overall cost. 40 million could do an awful lot of good in certain areas.

I'm not against the royals, or even the fact that they are funded by the taxpayer, it's just the sheer amount of funding they get. And as Joe says, they have enough wealth of their own, do they really need 40 million quid when our troops don't have enough helicopters to do the impossible task which we expect them to perform?

...or when we don't have enough space in our prisons to keep the scum locked away and off of the streets?

I could go on but my name's not joe-90 :LOL:

And as Joe says, they have enough wealth of their own, do they really need 40 million quid when our troops don't have enough helicopters to do the impossible task which we expect them to perform?
Think you'll find that the vast majority of squaddies (serving and ex) don't agree with you, equipment shortaqges notwithstanding. Has something to do with taking an oath on attestation...

Sponsored Links
Back