"The Scots, A nation of cultural ghosts" - What sa

Interesting how the English suddenly become British when it suits them. Have even heard Murray referred to as English. :confused:

Sponsored Links
If the Russians suddenly turned up at the backdoor how many Scots would very quickly decide that THEY were British after all. ;)
Not that that would make much difference. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Interesting how the English suddenly become British when it suits them.

Hmm, strange how television, telephones, tarmacadam and pneumatic tyres were all "British" inventions. Seems it also suits them to call us Scots, British when it suits them n'aw.

Only thing I have that says I'm British is ma bloody passport. But I am proud to be a Scot first and British second. I was just making the comment that in a list of great "British" inventions, many are actually by Scottish inventors.

Like last year,,, Andy Murray was the first Scot to win a Wimbledon title, but the media were full of the first Brit to win for many years. ;) ;)

Like last year,,, Andy Murray was the first Scot to win a Wimbledon title, but the media were full of the first Brit to win for many years. ;) ;)
Like it or not, from a commercial point of view he is better off claiming he's British.

Jockscott.

Yes, I knew what you meant but do you not do it the other way round?

I.e English people you don't like are English and the ones you don't mind are British.

I'm not really proud to be either English or British but I put this down to the fact that we are a huge majority in the country (Britain) - not a definable group like Scots, Welsh, Cornish, or whatever.

Only thing I have that says I'm British is ma bloody passport. But I am proud to be a Scot first and British second. I was just making the comment that in a list of great "British" inventions, many are actually by Scottish inventors.

It's a UK ish passport !

It's a UK ish passport !
You annoy me sometimes, micilin, you're so on the ball so much. ;)

GB and NI or UK

Sponsored Links
Back