"The Scots, A nation of cultural ghosts" - What sa

Could care less about Gaelic, It's only the north and west that have any interest in it, we (Location: Lanarkshire)speak Doric round here.

I thought Doric was spoken around Aberdeen/shire???

One other point, why did you do a Mickey Mouse degree in a red brick uni, no doubt!! Were you not intelligent enough for a proper degree course like Law??

At no point on in this thread or indeed on this board the internet in general or real life, have I ever claimed to hold a degree or even been to university.

Could you clarify the above Richard 3?

Sponsored Links

It is.....I have no idea how you managed to misquote what I said and add other bits plus another posters name. :)

I thought Doric was an ancient Greek architectural style. Perhaps some Scots are distant descendants of Greeks!

One other point, why did you do a Mickey Mouse degree in a red brick uni, no doubt!!

Hey! Several 'red brick' universities are members of the Russell Group and some departments in them are actually rated more highly than the equivalents in Oxbridge.

Sponsored Links

I thought Doric was an ancient Greek architectural style. Perhaps some Scots are distant descendants of Greeks!

Some believe it was named after a Greek Language.

Ii know that when I hear some Glaswegians talking it's all Greek to me.

If you think that's bad you should try Doric.....I have lived here most of my life and speak toonser Doric but have no idea what some of the boys out in the sticks are on about.

Some believe it was named after a Greek Language.

Ii know that when I hear some Glaswegians talking it's all Greek to me.

If you think that's bad you should try Doric.....I have lived here most of my life and speak toonser Doric but have no idea what some of the boys out in the sticks are on about.

Fit like loon?

Sponsored Links
Back