The Serious Risk Of Wearing Fake Rolex Etc Watches

Sponsored Links
I'm currently wearing a Gianello 7785BK.
Came in a very swish cash with a sale price of £485 and has a symbol similar to the one on a Bentley car. Looks 'fairly' expensive and has been running perfectly to the second since I bought it about 6 months ago.
Price I paid was £19.99 from TK Max, so suspect it was an incorrect price tag on the box. But it does what I expect a watch to do, and that is accurately keep time.

There's a cheap watch merchant at my local street market.

I happened to overhear someone buying a fake Substyle thing, smothered in buttons and dials. He said to the vendor "you'd better show me how to use these timers"

"Don't worry about them" said the stallholder "they're just painted on"

Sponsored Links
It’s just male jewellery and/or an appreciation of precision mechanical movements.
Doesn't justify the price tag if it starts losing time unlike other much cheaper brands.
Is it deliberately designed to be serviced so to waste more money unnecessarily?

Doesn't justify the price tag if it starts losing time unlike other much cheaper brands.
Is it deliberately designed to be serviced so to waste more money unnecessarily?
That reminds me, I must get my Bentley serviced in case it breaks down or wears out prematurely like other makes…..

Times change.
Wahaay!

You have the same SMP as me i think.
Marvellous. I think it the best issue they ever did.
Mine was <2K brand new and i thought, at the time, was well priced for a watch that was to last a lifetime.
At the time, servicing was quoted to me at £120. Quite reasonable for a 10 year service interval.

But these days, it's just gone nuts. They are no longer "Tool watches".

They are expensive jewellery as you say.

Wahaay!

You have the same SMP as me i think.
Marvellous. I think it the best issue they ever did.
Mine was <2K brand new and i thought, at the time, was well priced for a watch that was to last a lifetime.
At the time, servicing was quoted to me at £120. Quite reasonable for a 10 year service interval.

But these days, it's just gone nuts. They are no longer "Tool watches".

They are expensive jewellery as you say.
Might be slightly different - I have the ceramic bezel, hence the 'C' after SMP. Think I paid just under £3K for it. Bro-in-Law has a very early SMP and he's not had it serviced since he bought it over 15 years ago.

Have you seen what watch Prince William wears? ;)

Might be slightly different - I have the ceramic bezel, hence the 'C' after SMP. Think I paid just under £3K for it. Bro-in-Law has a very early SMP and he's not had it serviced since he bought it over 15 years ago.

Have you seen what watch Prince William wears? ;)
Probably the perfect blend of style, technology and functionality.

A great watch. Pity they stopped with the quartz

That reminds me, I must get my Bentley serviced in case it breaks down or wears out prematurely like other makes…..
A watch is not a car.
Surely parts in a car have "slightly" more workload than watch parts.

A watch is not a car.
Surely parts in a car have "slightly" more workload than watch parts.
Er,

Mechanically, i'd say not or even the exact opposite.
Scaled up to a car, a watch would be a masterpiece of engineering over nature.
There are a few genuine inventions which changed mans destiny on this planet.

Wheel,
Writing
Fire
Compass
Watch.

to name a few.

Or get a real White solid gold one.......

Rolex.JPG

Sponsored Links
Back