The Skiing Thread: (No B**x*t Or Politics!)

Took me ages to get down and my legs were like jelly!
The first black run I ever encountered was by accident and it made me feel slightly sick looking down the slope. We had no choice but to go down it and I spent most of it on my arris. They aren't much fun at the best of times.

Sponsored Links
The first time I went for a pi$$, just off the track, was hilarious. Unclipped me skis...took one step off the compacted piste..two steps... up to my shoulders in snow! It took several minutes, much acrobatics and helpful encouraging laughter from my mates before I was free.

A blizzard on top of a mountain is something to behold also.

Last edited:
Black mogul runs are interesting. Not a lot of room for making mistakes, which will almost invariably be punished.

Sponsored Links
There are plenty of ski forum's about & they dont talk about DIY, Brexit yes as it has/will have an impact.
My 2021 ski trip had many changes before it was cancelled (full no hassle refund even car parking). France no signs of opening.
My 2022 is booked.

Black mogul runs are interesting. Not a lot of room for making mistakes, which will almost invariably be punished.
I used to find them terrifying when I first started skiing. Now I just find them knackering. You can't beat a long wide red or blue though for all out speed.

I used to find them terrifying when I first started skiing. Now I just find them knackering. You can't beat a long wide red or blue though for all out speed.

The knackering element of them is probably the major cause of people taking a spill on them. Their legs succumb to the incessant pounding.

The knackering element of them is probably the major cause of people taking a spill on them. Their legs succumb to the incessant pounding.
Couple that with spent adrenaline and you are indeed fudged by the time you catch your breath at the bottom.

I went down one in Meribel that I had done previously... Wow! It was really mogulled out. I basically went down, falling, one feckin turn at a time. The moguls were so tight that it was, round the turn, too fast (for me), end up pointing up hill, and the over. Bosses, it was called. Had to have a sit down!

Diy, where you going?
My last 15 or so trips have been to Courchevel. As I am a solo skier its about single room prices & I have been happy in what I was paying, unfortunatly the company I use has scaled back & are now not using the Chalet/Hotel.
So I am still going to the 3 valleys @ Brides Le Bains.

You can tell when a piste is steep. Stand upright, if you can touch the piste behind you with an outstretched arm, then it's officially steep.

My last 15 or so trips have been to Courchevel. As I am a solo skier its about single room prices & I have been happy in what I was paying, unfortunatly the company I use has scaled back & are now not using the Chalet/Hotel.
So I am still going to the 3 valleys @ Brides Le Bains.

Brides will be on our list for 22. We will be driving, and being the expensive 3V, parking isn't free! Unlike everywhere in the grand Massif. 3V is our fave though- so much to do.

Sponsored Links
Back