The things people will do.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve always used a wet razor (Gillette Sensor 3 blade jobby) and buy the cassette of 5 blades from Tesco.
Changed the old blade as it was getting hard up, and clicked in a new one.
Jeez, it was like dragging a notched axe across my mug :eek:
Changed the blade, snapped in another one......bloody worse! Two strokes and I had to pack it in.
Looking closely at those two blades and the remainder that was left it was more than obvious that some toe rag had extracted the new cassette and replaced with his old ones :eek: tiny whiskers visible and all.
I realise that these blades are pretty expensive for what they are, but this really takes the biscuit!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I’ve always used a wet razor (Gillette Sensor 3 blade jobby) and buy the cassette of 5 blades from Tesco.
Changed the old blade as it was getting hard up, and clicked in a new one.
Jeez, it was like dragging a notched axe across my mug :eek:
Changed the blade, snapped in another one......bloody worse! Two strokes and I had to pack it in.
Looking closely at those two blades and the remainder that was left it was more than obvious that some toe rag had extracted the new cassette and replaced with his old ones :eek: tiny whiskers visible and all.
I realise that these blades are pretty expensive for what they are, but this really takes the biscuit!

Not very hygenic either, I suppose you could try and change them, but don't they come in a blister pack?

Sponsored Links
Not very hygenic either, I suppose you could try and change them, but don't they come in a blister pack?
Courtesy of Covid, any packaging that comes into wor hoose gets removed and chucked.....no idea when I bought them, but I mention it next time I’m in Tescos.
At least I didn’t cut myself!

Word of caution, beware of buying blades off fleabay and the like, many scammers selling fake branded blades on them.

Fell foul of something similar when I bought some "bargain" global knives.... fake and wouldn't hold an edge. :(

Courtesy of Covid, any packaging that comes into wor hoose gets removed and chucked.....no idea when I bought them, but I mention it next time I’m in Tescos.
At least I didn’t cut myself!

If you did this today douse your face with some antiseptic as there is an infection known as barbers rash which occurs when using a razor that hasn't been cleaned properly after being used by somebody else.
45 years ago I wandered into an arab barbers in Tel Aviv for a haircut, and seeing the old cut throat razors on the side I thought I'd treat myself to a shave. Still got the scars from the infection.

If you did this today douse your face with some antiseptic as there is an infection known as barbers rash which occurs when using a razor that hasn't been cleaned properly after being used by somebody else.
45 years ago I wandered into an arab barbers in Tel Aviv for a haircut, and seeing the old cut throat razors on the side I thought I'd treat myself to a shave. Still got the scars from the infection.

If he bought them days ago, there'll be no infection risk.

I had this happen to me when buying some condoms. Didn't noticed they were used until I got home. Lucky enough the girlfriend wasn't due round for another half hour. Gave me time to wash them out.

Happily, the offending items were in the bathroom cabinet for at least a month, so no after effects.
I’ll check the next pack, for sure!

Get an electric shaver. Took a few weeks of shaver rash until I got used to it. Can't see me going back to blades now.

You're right. It not much quicker using electric until you factor in the time spent patching up the wounds with tiny bog paper patches. For some reason, I'm too much of a clumsy clutz for wet shaving and always cut myself. Only time I wet shave is occasionally when I have a bath or shower because any cuts are gone when I come out. I don't mean that i bathe/shower occasionally - it's just that I occasionally add a wet shave to a bath/shower. ;)

Swear by my old Remington. Almost as close as wet shave.

Took a few weeks of shaver rash until I got used to it. Can't see me going back to blades now.
Until your skin ends up tough as cow hide you mean..No Thanks..Wet shave for me..I go for many years and never have so much as a nick.

Sponsored Links
Back