The Tyranny of Democracy

Sponsored Links
Nothing, just be grateful nobody has mentioned ***** yet.
You just did, but when I quoted it was blanked out..
That's usually indicates self-censorship, i.e. JP typed the asterisks.

For example if I type in " **** " it will probably be replaced with asterisks. But if anyone quotes that post, the original word may be visible.
Let's try it......

Sponsored Links
That's usually indicates self-censorship, i.e. JP typed the asterisks.

For example if I type in " **** " it will probably be replaced with asterisks. But if anyone quotes that post, the original word may be visible.
Let's try it......

Oh, that didn't work Clearly the auto censor overtypes the word in the "quoted" message also.
So my theory is incorrect. But Brekshit isn't a word picked up by the auto-censor, as far as I know, so if that was the word, then JP must have typed asterisks and not the word, assuming that was the word we are talking about.

The OP showed a picture of a large crowd behaving as expected at such a time and i don't need a pair of rose-tinted spectacles to see the difference in society between then and now.

I could easily post a picture of a modern crowd behaving as expected.

Would that prove that there are no rowdy elements?

If what you say is correct, why hasn't this scummy club been expelled from the league.

This isn't Celtics first offence, it is a club built on bigotry and hate, any other club would have been closed down years ago.
Yes, that's right, we don't want any dissent at all. We must all think exactly the same.

"Ein Folk, Ein Reich" etc.

Last edited:
I could easily post a picture of a modern crowd behaving as expected.

Would that prove that there are no rowdy elements?
It's not about 'proving' anything, other than the way football went ahead after the death of King George without a problem while last weekend the Premier League saw fit to postpone the weekend fixtures at the drop of a hat in case a few protests tarnished the image of the game in general. Despite protests by the Fans Association, who spoke for the majority of football supporters, the games were cancelled because the actions of a few protests would've made headlines.
In this way, a minority have affected the plans for a majority of people: this is not how democracy works, is it?

Polly Toynbee is looking at it from the other end of the telescope this morning as she goes on about dissenting voices being 'silenced' during this period of mourning and while Human Rights groups wang on about Freedom of Speech they cannot see the irony about knowing a time and a place to exercise that right. 'Cancel Culture' is the term used these days to describe anything people don't agree with but Republicans are still a minority in this country and should respect the rights of the majority in this matter.

Sponsored Links
Back