The Tyranny of Democracy

Yes, but the difference between that match played in 1952 and the matches postponed last weekend is due to the manner in which people conducted themselves. Nobody would've dreamed of making a protest against the monarchy at such a time -
The main reason they had an army was to protect them from the peasants who would starve while they were holding parties.... Not much has changed.
But nobody would've dreamed about protesting... Hahaha that's funny
and there were plenty of Republicans around in those days - whereas now the actions of a few people among a crowd of thousands lead to the game not going ahead.
That's not how democracy works. And the protestors will be quick to shout about their rights while ignoring others. Free speech my eye.

Sponsored Links
Yes, but the difference between that match played in 1952 and the matches postponed last weekend is due to the manner in which people conducted themselves. Nobody would've dreamed of making a protest against the monarchy at such a time - and there were plenty of Republicans around in those days - whereas now the actions of a few people among a crowd of thousands lead to the game not going ahead.
That's not how democracy works. And the protestors will be quick to shout about their rights while ignoring others. Free speech my eye.
I can't believe that football fans, presumably mostly season ticket holders, would use a match to protest against the monarchy.

Sponsored Links
Errm, what does this thread have to do with its title ??

Regarding protests, I'm very surprised drones haven't been used, just about anywhere. A couple have been tried in Germany and Japan and a group were busted by Heathrow because they blabbed.
I know they come with geographic exclusion zones built in, but it's not hard to ditch that and the control system, and put something in which is hard to deal with or doesn't need radio. Use several at once, just a couple going bang means everyone has to scatter.

The governing body (understandably) like to protect the image of the game wherever possible. Last thing they'd want is muppets shouting/chanting anti-monarchy stuff at this sensitive time
If what you say is correct, why hasn't this scummy club been expelled from the league.

This isn't Celtics first offence, it is a club built on bigotry and hate, any other club would have been closed down years ago.

you can doff your cap if you want. Not for me thank you.
I didn't think you'd wear a cap; something more along the lines of this...
PD60896955_Rex-carmen_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqIUD7FIZYZVCRioTuXLO_o_uqYwN6lyGHVcOB3LiRIsk.jpg

Errm, what does this thread have to do with its title ??

Regarding protests, I'm very surprised drones haven't been used, just about anywhere. A couple have been tried in Germany and Japan and a group were busted by Heathrow because they blabbed.
I know they come with geographic exclusion zones built in, but it's not hard to ditch that and the control system, and put something in which is hard to deal with or doesn't need radio. Use several at once, just a couple going bang means everyone has to scatter.
Not sure what drones have to do with it, either...but back on point: i expected Republican advocates to make themselves heard but consider protests have a time and a place: holding up signs outside of Buckingham Palace or shouting them at a funeral cortege is neither.
The Premier League decided to postpone matches last weekend to avoid a public relations problem with the actions of a small section of the crowd - which has happened at other games in midweek but mostly they've been well respected and passed off without a problem.
So why should a minority be allowed to affect the way a majority of people wish to conduct themselves?
The OP showed a picture of a large crowd behaving as expected at such a time and i don't need a pair of rose-tinted spectacles to see the difference in society between then and now. Why is it so hard for people to conduct themselves respectably in public?

Sponsored Links
Back